Looking for a windshield

Guest shark8bait

Guest shark8bait

My wife bought me A 1988 Reatta for my birthday last week. I am having a hard time finding a windshield. Can I get one from a 89? or are they unique to their years? Does anyone have one for sale? I'll pay for shipping to Denver. Thank you for having this site. Buick made 4,708 in 1988. I'm sure glad to find some people with them. I took my car to go have the emissions done and the techs were like what is that? It is red with gray interior. Everyone who knows anything about them seems to tell me they only had tan interior with the red. It is the original paint though. 118,000 original miles and it was sweet for $600!

David, in 1988 Buick made 2067 of the 4708 Reattas in Red (43.9%) so there are a lot of red 1988 Reattas. Tan and grey were both available, but we do not know how many of each, the majority did have tan.

Windshield....... if you find a windshield, make certain it has the black molding with it and in good condition. The molding was supplied with the windshield and was next to impossible to transfer from one windshield to another. I am sending you a PM with a fellows name and phone number in Denver.

Guest shark8bait

Thanks for the help Barney. Thanks for welcoming me to the club. My wife wants to paint the car purple. I don't think she understands, that is not really a good color for me!

Guest rsteere

You have a wife as nice as mine. I (she) bought my first Reatta on her birthday in May. I (she) bought my 2nd one on fathers day. The first one is a '89 red/gray interior. The 2nd silver/gray interior. The first one is coming apart to help the 2nd one stay alive. The windshield and other parts will be for sale.

Jim Finn in Duluth has amassed a large amount of used reatta parts. Last year I drove there and got a windshield for $400 (price then),and he has mailed or shipped various parts at a great savings. He has a thread down the current page" Reatta Parts" stating he will be traveling for a week but if you need contact info its on his message page.

Guest Richard D
there is still a windshield for sale on ebay item number is 230355345367 you might want to give then a shout. I agree with the above post that Jim Finn is a good source of parts and he is and honest person

Instead of selling me a part I thought I needed Jim told me where the real problem was and how to fix it. Now that is an honest man to talk a customer out of a sale, then help him fix it for free!:)

Regarding Pilkington Classics:

Current price for the Reatta windshield (new) is $1650. $100 to freight ship to a commercial address in the continental US or $150 to ship to a residential address. Also, figure on paying your local sales tax on the $1650, as Pilkington has branch offices in almost every state.

Ouch.

KDirk

I just got home from looking at an 88 Reatta "parts car" (although it could be driven home). It has a very nice windshield, but the rubber moulding is not so pretty - it looks like it may have been a used replacement. Is there anything that can be done to spiff up the rubber trim?

This car also has three pretty decent wheels/caps; taillight looks like it would clean up very well and "vent window" glass and mirrors are ok . . . all for $400. Is there much demand for crack-free front fenders, hood, rear glass, etc. I don't want another project (as in parting it out) but it's hard to pass this up.