Riviera Forum suggestion

charlie1

Charlie,

Whoa! Let's just be thankful for what we've got. This is so great compared to when I went through my '63 Riviera the first time in '86. The club was one year old and the newsletters were coming off the typewriter on the kitchen table. No email, no internet, no forums, no free long distance service.

You need to be thankful for what you've got. Unless you'd like to be the moderator and handle all the software issues, requests, and complaints.

I agree with Rawja and Ed. If there were an 86-93 Riv forum, it would be a sleeper. There are less than half a dozen 86-93 Riv owners who participate in this forum. Chas1 and I bounce back and forth between the ROA and Reatta forums as the two cars have alot in common.

I agree with Rawja and Ed. If there were an 86-93 Riv forum, it would be a sleeper. There are less than half a dozen 86-93 Riv owners who participate in this forum. Chas1 and I bounce back and forth between the ROA and Reatta forums as the two cars have alot in common.

but hey, the numbers are growing :D

and what's this about "the two cars have alot in common". does this mean they have the same mechanical "issues" ? :eek: :confused::o You didn't tell me that Ship:rolleyes::D;) or is that just a myth...Reatta and mechanical "issues, I mean....

but yea, I agree, I think there is a lot to be gained by having all the years together. For instance, I use to enjoy reading the prewar threads in the BCA forum, learned a lot, got aquainted with lots of nice folks etc... but now since it was made a seperate forum, I hardly ever make it a point to click into the prewar forum. Would possibly be the same here, I may only hang out in the 86-93 and miss the comradare of all the other 63-86 folks. :)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

The two often talked about Reatta issues I've read on the forum seem to be the Teeves braking system and the headlight flip mechanism. As all know, there are very knowledgable reatta guys on the forum that have posted workable solutions and also have instructional web sites (very impressive!). Neither of these mechanicals are on the Riv's of the same era. Plus, we needed another person to be interested in these Riv's. So, we didn't spill the beans on every issue that would cause you to think twice about looking for one!!

Charlie,

There are folks who are experts on the last generation of Riv located on forum Dashboard. I've been very impressed when reading what they're doing to upgrade/enhance their 95-99 riv's. And, for the most part the age range of this knowledgeable group is late teens to late thirties. If you post your 95 riv question there you'll surely get answers.

Guest REX STALLION

For me, I`m liking things the way they are,I`m into the `63-65`s but after being enlightened on this forum, have warmed up to Boat tails. So who knows,maybe I`ll look at the newer stuff someday.