Photos of Cars @the Bakersfield Swap & Tour

Mark Shaw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mika Jaakkola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, I ment the 20/30's car ... B2.jpg with big headlights</div></div>

Looks like a 1929, 30 or 31 Graham-Paige.

• 11 months later...

Old thread but... the car is a "First Series" 1932 Nash 8cyl. First series only made for a few months until the true new 32 2nd series came out in March 32. The first series were leftover 31 bodies with a new slightly V'd radiator shell and new one-piece bumbers. The center bumper medallion with inset 4 pointed diamond bolt is definately 32/33 Nash, and the larger headlights denote the 8 cyl.

I believe that car is for sale in California on the Nash Club classifieds right now.

F&J,

You are correct I should have looked closer (different hood sides) must be 31? the fender lights are different?. Got to work with a couple 32 Nashes in the movie Public Enemies I drove my 33 Graham. This is the 32 Nash stunt double I think it was used later in the filming.

32+nash+double.jpg

Graham Man, There were 2 of that style Nash cars in the movie? I have seen your pic many times in seaching for info on my tiny 6 cyl 32 Nash.

The car you show is the all-new 2nd series that came out in March 32. That car is one of the largest series, a model 1080 or 1090. Yes the park lights are deco teardrop style on 2nd series, as well as having new hood doors. The V'd grille was made more V'd on the 2nd series as well. The park light size was huge on the 1080/1090 like in your pic, compared to the smallest 8 and the 6.

What became of those Nash cars? I'd love to get a big series :)

Nice to see you are depression era guy with the 33 Graham. Those are about the most stylish cars in that time. I've never run across one that I could grab...but maybe, someday.......

The black 32 Nash pictured has a 400hp chevy crate engine in it and 4 wheel disk brakes (short track stuff) would be a great retro rod? The car was retained by Universal for a future project.... not sure what that project is/was but they are not selling it yet. The blue 32 Nash is involved in a law suit over movie damages, last I knew it was still owned by a gentleman in Iowa. Interesting enough the blue Nash was never seen in the movie another victim of the cutting room floor.

6a9af428-672d-11de-ac83-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg