Help ~~~ ID SCREW ON HUB CAP

Guest John W. Cina

Guest John W. Cina

I just found some info on a company called "Glide Automobile" ~~~ which use a script kind of like this ???

Guest John W. Cina

I had looked and looked and it jumped out at me ----- thats nice ----- a fairly rare car --- a fairly rare HUB CAP for my little collection ....

Thanks I was just going to post the ad - --- The script is a little different -- but really not ....

John ---- having fun with old cars --- I think ...

Guest John W. Cina

That looks like a nice item.

Your pictures look really nice. I have seen a paper weight on eBay but wasn't lucky enough to get it - or spend enough at the time. I do have several other DORT items in my collection. We enjoy these old cars -- and pretty soon will be able to get one out for a drive. I have a small farm and in Minnesota it goes from snow and cold to MUD and COOL so I don't get the cars out to soon - got to wait till the frost gets out of the ground now.

I was just down to Chickasha last week for the prewar swap meet , and its fun to leave the cold Northern area and see green growth and get a little sun ---- but didn't get to many swap meet deals.

Guest John W. Cina

The hub cap script isn't really like the GLIDE but 1DandyDaves I tried searching on the GRAY but so far no luck on seeing its script.

I see 1DandyDaves you have a CAT12 - I have a 1936 RD4 CAT .

I always say anyone with an old car -- doesn't just have one -- but many more ------ still having fun I think !

John

My cat 12 is one of only 52 Built with a Gas Engine. The block is like the D4600 engine, of which they built thousands, but is designated A G4600. It is the 17th one built. I have had other Cats though the years, but this is the rarest. Not valuble, just Rare. I have Some D2's awaiting restoration. smile.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest John W. Cina

KRK ; I believe the GRAY company for which my hub cap is for - is a different GRAY from Gray Dort ?

I think what I saw was something like it was in business during the latter half of the 1920's ?

I liked Dandy Dave's comment about his CAT 12 being rare - but not high priced.

I too have a barn full off RARE --- NOT TOO EXPENSIVE TREASURES ------

I THINK I'M STILL HAVING FUN !!!

John

• 2 years later...
Guest maxprice2

Wow think you guys! I would have never known what I have. I have a full rolling frame. Does anyone here know of anyone that might need this thing for parts? maxprice2"at"yahoo.com

post-81511-143138754555_thumb.jpg

post-81511-143138754573_thumb.jpg

post-81511-143138754591_thumb.jpg

post-81511-143138754607_thumb.jpg