1931 Original Cadillac V16 All Weather Phaeton For Sale

1931 Cadillac V16 All Weather Phaeton (Fully convertible sedan with dissappearing division windshield). This has the Fleetwood body with the V-windshield. This car is a three owner car from new and the current estate has owned the car since the 1940s. Originally sold in Baltimore, MD.It is complete. The body paint is original and most of the upolstery is original.This car could made into an Original Preservation Class Car with minimal effort or easily restored to a high point concours car.It has not run in 30 years. It is extremely solid and unmolested.How many original, unrestored early V16 open cars are out there???? A rare opportunity at 145,000.00 or near offer. 734-730-4274 or motoringicons@hotmail.com

post-32715-143138049784_thumb.jpg

post-32715-143138049793_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motoringicons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1931 Cadillac V16 All Weather Phaeton (Fully convertible sedan with dissappearing division windshield). This has the Fleetwood body with the V-windshield. This car is a three owner car from new and the current estate has owned the car since the 1940s. Originally sold in Baltimore, MD.It is complete. The body paint is original and most of the upolstery is original.This car could made into an Original Preservation Class Car with minimal effort or easily restored to a high point concours car.It has not run in 30 years. It is extremely solid and unmolested.How many original, unrestored early V16 open cars are out there???? A rare opportunity at 145,000.00 or near offer. 734-730-4274 or motoringicons@hotmail.com</div></div>

I have only found 1 outside of a museum....

post-37352-143138051491_thumb.jpg

Keiser; there is a twin to the V-16 conv sedan on Ebay right now...at 3X the price. It is a 1930, but looks to be the exact same body.

I'd still take the original one smile.gif ...... I could never restore it and wipe away all that originality and aura.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure the car is impressive, but who would think a great car like that would be in a neighborhood like that? Just goes to show you that some great suff can be found in unlikely places. </div></div>

OUCH!!! I am sure that is what the guy wanted to hear about his neighborhood. It reminds me of a very nice Madison Heights, Michigan area. Not bad at all. My wife thinks that you are a jerk for saying that.

One should not believe everything that is written without proof.Do you seriously believe the car has been sitting in this garage for more then 30 years, come on.It is more likely

it came from a derelict building to settle an estate and it is now sitting in some ones garage,photographed after a bit of cleaning,but it is a nice story.

Johan

I guess I am gullible because I have no trouble at all in believing the car was stored for thirty years there. I have seen some totally classic (uh oh...there's that term again) cars sitting for many years without anyone else knowing about them. One summer morning in about 1962 in Royal Oak, Michigan just after my elderly neighbor, Mrs. Hepler died, my Dad and I were on our front porch enjoying the day. I was about 10 years old. A tow truck pulled up across the street at the Hepler's house and backed down the super narrow driveway. Mrs. Hepler's son threw open the garage door and there in all it's glory was a very old Pierce Arrow touring car!! It was about a 1914, I believe. Someone had found out about it and there it went. It had been sitting in that garage for about 40 years. Nobody (as far as the neighbors) knew it was even in there.

Yes, all the parts are with the car except for a few very minor things.There are also some extra parts as well as black and white photos of the car from the 1940s through the 1960s. One photo shows the car in front of this house. There are several other cars on the street, the newest being a 1957 Thunderbird.

Yes the motor turns over with good compression, clutch works, trans shifts and the brakes work as well.

No, the house is not in Royal Oak.....

Yes, the car had been stored in this house for at least 30 years....