1953 Anteatter??????

FireballV8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leonard Shepherd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rear bumper and trunk lid are 53 Studebaker. </div></div>

The trunk lid I agree, but the bumper has the wrong profile for a '53 Studebaker, even the sedan bumper. They were more curved in (vertical) profile then this one; and had a slightly rounded, downward emphasis "Dagmar" shape at the ends instead of this shape. Also the license plate housing (if it even originally came with this bumper) is shaped wrong.

Guest Leonard Shepherd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leonard Shepherd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rear bumper and trunk lid are 53 Studebaker. </div></div>

The trunk lid I agree, but the bumper has the wrong profile for a '53 Studebaker, even the sedan bumper. They were more curved in (vertical) profile then this one; and had a slightly rounded, downward emphasis "Dagmar" shape at the ends instead of this shape. Also the license plate housing (if it even originally came with this bumper) is shaped wrong. </div></div>

I am sure the bumper is 53 Studebaker, the license plate bumper guards are upside down. You can't see the curvature of the bottom of the bumper in his picture. I have the same 53 Studebaker bumper that I took of of my 53 Commander when I was a teenager.Here is a picture of a 53 Studebaker and my rear bumper rear bumper.

post-52673-143138041135_thumb.jpg

post-52673-14313804114_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leonard Shepherd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rear bumper and trunk lid are 53 Studebaker. </div></div>

The trunk lid I agree, but the bumper has the wrong profile for a '53 Studebaker, even the sedan bumper. They were more curved in (vertical) profile then this one; and had a slightly rounded, downward emphasis "Dagmar" shape at the ends instead of this shape. Also the license plate housing (if it even originally came with this bumper) is shaped wrong.</div></div>

I agree with Dave@Moon. The bumper in question does NOT have the crease or the taper at the ends that the restored car's bumper has. Yes, the grille is 1946-48 Nash.

Now I'm confused, because the bumpre in your hand in the first picture is pretty clearly a 1953 Studebaker front bumper. <span style="text-decoration: underline">If</span> the other bumper is a 1953 rear bumper (from the angle in both pictures it's conceivable that the curved profile and mild "Dagmar" shape to the ends is hidden by the angle), then it is photographed upside down and the license plate guard is mounted upside down. If you can pull those pieces out of the pile and get clearer photos of them it would help.

The fenders have that 1946 through 1948 Nash look. I see where it looks like the paint around the grille is faded. The bumper with the grooved overriders is also 1946 through 1948 Nash. There are clearly separations between the outer and inner fender panels.

post-37352-143138041225_thumb.jpg

Guest Leonard Shepherd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I'm confused, because the bumpre in your hand in the first picture is pretty clearly a 1953 Studebaker front bumper. <span style="text-decoration: underline">If</span> the other bumper is a 1953 rear bumper (from the angle in both pictures it's conceivable that the curved profile and mild "Dagmar" shape to the ends is hidden by the angle), then it is photographed upside down and the license plate guard is mounted upside down. If you can pull those pieces out of the pile and get clearer photos of them it would help. </div></div>

Dave you just can't see the "Dagmar" because it is hidden below the angle of the bumper. Here is another picture of my 53 Studebaker bumper.

post-52673-143138041309_thumb.jpg