32 Nash convertible; strange inside door handle setup question..

F&J

I am just sorting out missing items on my 32 Nash "six" 1060 series convert that I just found. Sad to say that the car went through too many owners who all lost some parts to it.

I am going to start on the door restoration and I only have ONE inside door "control" (the part that the inside handle goes onto). I have one old wood inner frame that shows that there was TWO inside door "controls" per side?? I have included a pic of one door on Ebay, plus a pic of my project car.

ztembt.jpg

Can someone tell me if one handle is just for a inside lock, or ? I do not have any door latches, so I can't look at those to tell. I am also missing ALL the strikers, and door wedges/bumpers, etc. I only have one broken base of one inside door handle; and there are no other handles, either window or door handles, inside or outside. I have no clue what they look like. The car is in nice condition, and I hope to get a lot done this winter.

mjq1lj.jpg

Any other comments on this project are welcomed as I seem to find very little 32/33 Nash owners or parts online. Can anyone hook me up with other Nash owners 32-33 Six series in any body type?? Maybe someone could send pics of their handle shapes, taillights, etc.??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are some Nash interior door handles on ebay right now. That is gonna be a REALLY SWEEEEEET RIDE!!!! </div></div>

Could you post a link to those? I have been looking there, and some seller lists many handles with just "guess" random makes to get people to look at his stuff. My problem is I only have the very end of just one handle...about 1" long is left. So, I do have an idea how thin it is, but no idea if it's curved, flat, etc. I suppose I may have to just use anything that will fit for now. In case you wonder, I am NOT making a hotrod. It's one strong point is that it starts & idles so perfect, and no smoke. I miss having an oldie to DRIVE. smile.gif

You might have a look at this web site from Australia. They list some door handles for 1932 Nash. Not sure they are the same as you are looking for though.

The prices are listed in Aussie dollars so every $100 Aust will cost about $64.00 US at this time.

http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/nash.htm

David

1923 Metallurgique

1931 Rolls Royce Phantom Continental

Hi, I can help you with some Nash things - I am finishing a ground up restoration on a 1932 1093 convertible sedan. Info and parts are very scarce. I have a few extra things that will probably interchange. I am having the striker plates made now, and can get another set made for you if you want. They are special. The interior handles are best sourced from vintage and classic in AU. He is a good guy and is making them for a friend of mine who is also doing a 32 90 series. I have some photos of an original 32 80 series the same style as yours that I can email to you. I may have some hub caps and tail lights for you when I am done too. I thought parts were hard to find for my Cad V16, but that is a breeze compared to this Nash. I think that it will be better for you doing the smaller series car though. I may have a sales brochure for your car too. I will be glad to send you photos. Feel free to email me at packard12s@hotmail.com

Thanks for all the replies.

It looks like the "2nd series 32 Nashes" differ from the first series 32 Nashes, as well as the SIX not sharing anything with the 8 cyl models?

I can't even find any other owners of 2nd series SIX 1932's to ask for pics & help. I would have thought it would be easy to find some on the web, but I can't even find more than just one pic of a 32 1060 sedan. I'd like to see the taillights to compare.

Here is a rear view of mine.

1475kz.jpg

I did run & drive it this morning, into the working area of my shop. I am going to start with the doors first I guess. I do have the door window frames, tracks, one garnish moulding, and both window regulators (with stripped teeth). Trying to fix those teeth this week.

Dave Mitchell; I am sending you my email for any pics you can send. My car was stored with a 30 Cad V12 by 2 of the former owners. Both cars sold together TWICE, and I am positive their parts were mixed up when the cars went to different owners this summer. I have never bought an oldie that did not come with LOTs of boxes of small parts; this one had almost nothing included, and no boxes or cans of trinkets. I did end up with the v12 front seat; the seller knew nothing about cars and guessed it went in the Nash. Then they put the 2 original folding front bucket seats in the BACK of the Nash because they thought they were jump seats. I just got the phone number of the current owner of the Cad, so maybe we can swap parts back if he has some of mine.

Mystery solved on the "two inside door handles per side". I tracked down the 4th former owner, back, who is the guy who dragged the car back from the Carlisle swapmeet about "25 years ago". He recently found a crate full of parts that never went with the Nash when he sold the car 20+ years ago.

I went and got that stuff today. 95% of what is missing is in that crate. There are special latches that use TWO "remote controls" (handle & linkage). The front one opens the door, and the rear handle locks the door from the inside. I also now have some inside handles, all the door wedges, dovetails, strikers, door bumpers, etc.

I also got the 2 locks for the trunk, both outer door handles, one hood handle to copy, plus much more. He gave the stuff to me. Wow, what a nice guy. He had all the stuff laid out in a 3 x 6 foot area, and tried to explain each piece.