Happy Thanksgiving

Howard

I was once told when I was a little lad, "just wait till you get old, time goes by so much faster". At the time, I thought the statement was stupid. Now that I'm older, it appears that the saying bears much truth. It seems like just a short while ago I was offering Thanksgiving greetings to you guys on the forum. Wow, how time flies! Again it is my honor to wish each and everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. May your holiday be filled with great food, great family, great friends, and great fun.

Happy T'day. When you were four, one year was one fourth of your life. When you are fifty, one year is one fiftieth of your life. Do a pie graph of those and you see why it seems so much faster. I hope to hit a hundred, but I thank God for every breath.

Guest simplyconnected

We all have so much to be thankful for... as I get older, my blessings become so much more self evident. When I was young and dumb my sense of entitlement disguised God's true blessings, and I took them for granted. Now, I get it. Cherish your time together with your loved ones and,

<span style="font-family: 'Impact'"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Happy Thanksgiving</span></span>, everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

I am a working [pretty much put my sales job on hold for about 3 weeks]chairman for our church's Thanksgiving Meal. We deliver meals as well as rent a hall to serve meals. In years past we would serve 1000 meals in the hall and deliver about 2000 meals to shut ins and people w/o transportation. This year, we are already committed to delivering 2300 meals which means that we should serve about 1200 in the hall.

I hope that;

200 turkeys

5000 servings of potatoes

5000 servings of stuffing

2500 servings of cranberries

2500 servings of green bean casserole

500 pies

carrotts,olives,pickles

[ALL DONATED] is enough food.

Lots of work [co-ordinating 500 volunteers and getting the food] but the reward is tremendous.

I am looking forward to Friday so I can get back to my regular life and my job.

Wish us well...

500 pies, now that would make for one heck of a pie fight. Would't it be great if conflicts and wars were resolved with a big pie fight, I'd like to think that everyone would be laughing at the end of it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all here, and everywhere.