Jump to content

Detroit Lubricator use/application?

Jim Rohn

Recommended Posts

I thought so at first but where would the "updraft" go? there is only an air intake (I think), no "goesouta" exit that I can tell ...

all the Detroit Lubricator carbs I have seen say "CARBURETOR" on the plate, this one appears to say "STEWART" whatever that means ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Third picture is top of carb. Float bowl cover has all the lettering and round part at 2 o'clock from the bowl is mixture out, the remaining bolt and empty hole location would hold on the elbow/ throttle section. Doesn't look like mixed air goes out there but it does!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Layden B is correct on the application.

The "out" is the top of the aspirator valve/dashpot; which moves up to allow more airflow as RPM is increased.

The 90 degree throttle body mentioned by Layden attached on top of the "out". As the throttle body changes the direction of the mixture so that it enters the engine horizontally, this carburetor is technically a "sidedraft" rather than an "updraft".

Really one of the better carburetors in its day. (MOO)


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...