clutch mounting shaft 23 dodge

Jan,

It is possible that I have one, but I am not sure. I have a spare clutch housing with pedals, and it likely is from a 1923 Touring because Dad bought a '23 parts car years ago but I can't be sure. However, I do have a master parts manual, so if you know the part number of the shaft or you can tell me your car serial number I can look in the manual to identify it. Otherwise if you send me a sketch I can look to see if what you need is located in the assembly I have. Finally, if none of those ideas work I can send you a photo of the assembly I have, but that will take a few days.

John

There are two shafts that come out of the drivers side of the transmission. One shaft goes all the way through the transmission and has the throw out bearing on it. The brake pedale mounts on this shaft. There is a short shaft below this shaft and the clutch pedal mounts on it and then has an arm that goes up to the other shaft. It is the short shaft that I am looking for. It should be about 3-4 inches long. I removed the clutch pedal, shaft and linkage to sand blast and paint and it washed away in the flood. I found the clutch pedal but the shaft is missing. I know that 1919-23 are the same.

Thanks Jan

Jan,

I do have it. If you want to send me a message with an address, I will send it to you no charge. Just to confirm, I will send p/n 7838 (shaft), 813 (nut) and 927 (lock washer) as shown in the parts manual page shown here. I confirmed that these are used on left-hand drive car # 303152 - 929893 (built Jan 1919 - June 1923).

John