Look what followed Louie home!

Dandy Dave

I went on an adventure with an old friend to bring home a 1926 Marmon Roadster From Chicago Ill, to here in NY state. We used Louie's truck and my trailer. The trip went very smoothly and without problem. This is a very cool car! Stay tuned for photos! smile.gif Dandy Dave!

wow what a cool car! I love the side mount tire rests on the running board. Not even notched in to the front fender.... that's long.

Dandy Dave,

So how does this thing run. I believe it has the two piece cast iron and aluminum pistons doesn't it? Marmons are very interesting cars mechanically speaking. I myself recently aquired a 1927 custom bodied five place sedan which is quite similar mechanically to yours. How about a shot of the dashboard?

To begin with, It is not my car, I just went for a ride to help retrive it. The car runs good and drove its self right up on the trailer after a quick ride around the neighborhood by the previous owner. He told me that the car would go 55 MPH without any problem, and he drove it to many a Marmon Muster. Not sure on the pistons? whistle.gif And here is a dash photo. Looks like I took a photo before the car went into storage for the winter. smile.gif Dandy Dave!

100_1546-a135.jpg

West, The way you see it is the way it came from the factory. It does have a rumble seat. I believe it was repainted at one time, and some of the bright work was redone 30 to 40 years ago, but the chassies is pretty much an untouched original. Other than things like brakes, and one broken axle one time, (Happend while touring and was replaced and continued the tour.) it is as it came from the factory. cool.gif Very cool car. If I had the opportunity, I would welcome it in my garage. wink.gif Dandy Dave!

Thanks

The split rear bumper is what threw me, plus I've never seen sidemounts held in that way. Here's another great Marmon roadster that I photographed earlier this year and one that I immediately tried to buy. It has the same split rear bumper, but without the interesting sidemount carriers.

post-33613-143138020591_thumb.jpg