General Select 60 Questions:

Rawja

I know that the Select 60 was a Reatta coupe in '88 and a Reatta convertible in '90.

What car(s) were awarded as Select 60 prizes in 1989 and '91?

Also, how did they determine the top 60 dealers? Was it volume or CSI scores, or something else?

Just curious.

I wish I knew........ you might post this question on the Buick general discussion, there are people that worked for Buick there and they might know.

Like you....I presume there was a car for the other years.

According to Ed Mertz (Buick GM during the Reatta years) the dealer was not "given" a car, in 1988 when the Reatta was on allotment, the car was added to the allotment.

It would be similar in 1990...the dealer had to pay for it but because it was a special award available only to these dealers, they were happy to pay for and display their "prize"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless the dealer jacked up the price....NO

The 1988 was a standard coupe with 16 way seat and that was it.....whatever MSRP Same with the 1990. </div></div>I thought the '88 s 60 had a special hood badge. How else were they identified? I read sometimes the badge was not installed at the factory but was sent to the dealer later. Correct?

Guest F14CRAZY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was under the impression that the insides were different also. </div></div>

The '90 Select 60 had lemme see...Flame Red interior treatment (dashboard, steering wheel, carpet, speaker grills) (not Claret) with the white seats, door panels, and rear panels (if I remember this all correctly), with the '91 armrest w/ cupholder

This would be a good time to make sure that everybody knows that the Buick Bugle is the magazine of the BCA. If you dont belong to the BCA then it wont be mailed to you. If you want it mailed to you around the first of Dec. you might want to join the BCA. There is still time. I know that there are several people here that do not belong to the BCA and will want the magazine. I have a feeling that this will become collectable