F/S on Ebay:Crosley Woody Convert-Now Buy It Now,only $6900

Just relisted with a Buy It Now price of only $6,900 firm! (PICTURE ENCLOSED)Please go to Ebay Motors,and Type in "Crosley" to see my car:Up for auction is one of the neatest cars I have EVER seen, let alone owned! This started out as a 1947 Crosley with the desirable later cast iron block motors. Sometime in the 1950s someone removed the original body and built this funky but stunning woody-bodied show car. Little is known as to who did it, other than I believe it was done in upstate N.Y. Superb quality work and condition all over, top to bottom. It was dry stored for decades in a barn in the upstate, and restored in the 1990’s to its current condition. After restoration, it had then in turn been stored in a car collection since its 1990s until now. I bought it several months ago, and brought it from N.Y. to Ocala, Fla. It has amazing jointed woodwork all over, and reminds me of a mini Chrysler or Ford Town and Country woody convertible! It runs ok but needs to have the gas tank and gas lines cleaned due to storage. I suggest a mechanical going over, due to its long storage. This car has drawn a crowd wherever it went, and was shown at the national Crosley meet years ago. I had to have it, but have since bought a collection of 1930’s Sprint Race Cars, and I have decided to go vintage racing. It is as clean in person as it is in these photos. Not perfect-but VERY nice! Twice as cool as a Crosley Hot Shot! Plus if it is in a 1950’s car magazine, which it might be, then it’s worth big bucks! Starting price is less than what I paid for it. Please also see my 1958 Chris Craft wooden boat, with its 35 HP Goodyear outboard engine for sale in a separate auction. It would be a KILLER piece to tow behind this car, as would a wooden teardrop trailer!!! Do NOT bid if you are not going to take care of this car! Lots of photos available by email-just request them. I will help arrange shipping. Clear Fla. Title. Must receive full payment 7 days after auction, and car must be moved in 30 days. Good Luck!! Owner: George Albright, Ocala, Fla. cell 352.843. 1624 Email to request more photos: gnalbright@gmail.com, or thru the posting party.

post-35826-143138014112_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With the economy being what it is, and the fact that the Crosley, while neat, is not original it does not surprise me that much that there were no bids on it. I think it is neat, but I would never bid on it at that opening price. If you relist it with a much lower starting bid, even if you put a reserve on it, you will be more likely to see some bids on it. In my experience, a low starting bid will often bring much higher ending sales price, Auction fever, or whatever you want to call it, people are reluctant to bid high at first, but as soon as they start bidding, they are often willing to keep going to the end.

To Dave Fields whose father restored my car: If anyone knows Dave,please foward this to him,as he has not responded to my private email. Thanks! Dear Dave. Will you email me your email address and phone #s so we can discuss my Crosley Woody your dad restored.Thanks! George Albright,Ocala,Fla. cell 352 843 1624 Email; gnalbright@gmail.com