Help with ABS sensor circuit wire

Guest ballmon

Guest ballmon

My 90 Reatta has had the console ABS and brake light illuminated. Diagnosis has pinpointed the problem to a faulty connection/wire for the right front ABS sensor. In particular, the tan wire ciruit 833 is at fault (chart A-10).

The connections look good on the tan wire. Before I begin to rip the car apart checking the entire length of this wire from the trunk to right front, does anyone know of a known problem area/s for this particular sensor wire?

ballmon, I may be wrong but I don't think a bad ABS sensor will turn on the RED brake warning light. The RED light is an indication of low brake system pressure. If it is on you may have other problems that should be corrected before troubleshooting the ABS.

Have you taken the brake test that can be found here ? Scroll down to the center of the page to find the brake test. Let us know the results...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 89REATTAJIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Memory seems to say that Padgett had a posting about the Service Manual having a printing error, showing Right as Left, & vise-versa. Go back & scan his posts, believe within the last year.... Jim </div></div>

I went back and checked, Padgett's post was dated 9/7/06 (time flies). Titled "Someone needs to be politely but firmly shot". Sorry, I don't know how to link it to this thread.... Jim

Guest steakneggs

Please don't rip the car apart to fix an ABS problem. Disconnect the ABS connector from the valve block and see if that makes the red light go out. If it does than it must be something in the ABS wiring and should be okay to drive (fair weather) until you find the ABS problem. If the red light is still on, make sure that the reservoir is where it should be and the parking brake is fully off before you perform any major surgery. Steak