Nice looking red 1991 convertible on ebay

Barney Eaton

Check out this red 1991 convertible..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Rea...emZ190254168203

Note the "chrome grill" that has been added to the front of the hood. It also has "eyebrows" over the wheel openings.

It also says it is a "GS" on the glove box.

What else can you find "different" about the car?

Damn good looking Reatta for over 100k on the odo. Owner must like Gran Sports since he put the badging on it. I kinda like the simulated grill.

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What else can you find "different" about the car? </div></div>

Chrome rear bumperettes.

Chrome exhaust tips.

Non standard upper console compartment and latch.

Guest CL_Reatta

I dont really like the grill, but think the chrome trim around the rear window looks kinda good. I can possibly take a look if anyone is interested, right up by where I camp.

Guest wally888

I'm interested, wish you'd take a look, check for codes, condition of tires and shocks, if all settings of a/c and heat work, HDLP doors, etc. Thanks, Wally

Might have a 90 conv. for sale if I buy this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL_Reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont really like the grill, but think the chrome trim around the rear window looks kinda good. I can possibly take a look if anyone is interested, right up by where I camp. </div></div>

Have gotten used to rust free cars in Orlando, doubt if I would go further than Atlanta. OTOH I seem to have the Corvair sold so am looking again. And on the gripping hand, I have always looked at extra chrome and Vinyl roofs as places for rust to start.

Once upon a time I had a GS and removed all of the badges because I liked the clean look.

Guest wally888

Thanks,

Owner states tires are almost new-shocks probably never replaced.................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL_Reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent the person an e-mail, waiting for a response as to when the car is available to view </div></div>

bwarren........ I don't understand what you mean by any change in the storage compartment latch....

"The release button for the storage compartment door ahead of the shifter is the same as a 1990. Somewhere between his VIN of 413 and my # 818, that release mechanism change was made."

I was unaware that there was any difference between the 1990 and 1991 Reattas.

I know Steve.... but bwarren specifically refers to the.....

The release button for the storage compartment door ahead of the shifter is the same as a 1990. Somewhere between his VIN of 413 and my # 818, that release mechanism change was made.

.....when he refers to the "starage compartment" I'm thinking he means the compartment in front of the shifter.

He also says it was changed somewhere between 900413 and 900818 .... I would like to understand what he is referring to so I can check it out.

Guest MauiWowee

The latch on my '91 looks nothing like the one on this car, which has been altered in several ways. It is possible that when they installed the aftermarket radio they also removed a slave CD player and cobbed up this set-up. cool.gif

Guest steveskyhawk

Maui,

The latch on the "doghouse" looks just like the one on my coupe with a sn #120. My other car has a factory cd so there is no doghouse.

Guest CL_Reatta

I called the gentleman today and left a message, still no call back, I am heading up toward where he is today for a festival going on, so hopefully he will call.

Guest CL_Reatta

Here are the results, The car is in great shape, florida car, no body rust, the normal oxidation below. The only "problems" I found were, the stiching on the top is missing in a few spots, but the top isnt coming apart or anything, and I did not notice it until I looked really close. The black plastic Reatta badge is missing from the drivers door sill. Thw black knob is missing off of the switch for the twilight switch, and the cloth on the rear window is coming off a little. It is a dealer, but I believe consignment because I spoke to the salesman and he told me the seller wont let it go for less than $8500

Barney,

Regarding the storage compartment latch issue:

The 1990 had a spring loaded clasp that needed to be gripped on each side (with thumb and finger) to release the latch and flip the door up and open on the forward console storage bin.

1991 Reattas (or perhaps 1991's after a certain VIN) have a spring loaded horizontal bar at the bottom center of the compartment door that acts as a catch. You simply press down on it, and the door flips up on it's own as it is under spring tension, kind of like a cassette deck.

I actually changed the one on my 91 to a 1990 style as the door on my original compartment cover was warped and didn't want to stay latched. It was also noticeably crooked when it was closed. Seems like the 1991 version was a bit cheapened. The 1990 latch is a more solid design, but not quite as easy to open, especially with the shifter in park.

Jim Finn sent me the 1990 style compartment cover, he may be able to offer additional clarification, as he told me he had both styles at the time (this was a few months back).

KDirk

Guest CL_Reatta

I checked for codes, only ones were a B111H and a B335H, so nothing current, or major in the past... The tires seem to have about 50% tread left on them... Car was parked at a dealer lot, and lots of other cars around it, and the dealer was closed (the salesman drove out there and got me the keys since it is a ebay listing) So I didint drive it, but it started right up, fluids all checked out, went into all the gears without any problems. Struts seemed okay from what I could tell. Lights worked, but I did notice actually that the drivers light door was a little off from the passenger timing wise (a little slower to go down) The air seemed to be working (compressor kicked on, but it was a cold day today) Paint is really nice, didnt notice any chips, dents, etc. all the optins worked. The stere actually matched pretty good. The black shift cover (the black vinyl that comes off and looks chrome) looked like it might have been redone. If I had the money I would maybe consider it

Guest Greg Ross

Being on Dial-Up here at home I can only get to see a few of the images. Supposedly being a Florida Car I was amazed to see a PEI, Canada License Plate on it. That plate was issued for the "Ann of Green Gables/ Lucy Maud Montgomery" 100th for this year.

Just a bit of trivia for you!

Guest CL_Reatta

WOO HOO!, more info for me to know.... When I looked at the car it had a florida plate on it.... Am wondering if maybe the owner had residence in both florida and PEI, lived in PEI in the summer and Florida in the winter and for some reason had two plates / registration for the car?