Terrific 1960 Buick Issue of the "Buick Bugle"!

Centurion

Congratulations to editor Pete Phillips, contributor 70Electra (Greg Cockerill), and owners variablepitch (Lee Branum) and Tri-shield (Eric Bernard) for the superlative September issue, featuring the 1960 Buicks!

I received my issue just today, and could scarcely put it down long enough to join my wife and kids for dinner. This is another great example of the Bugle's excellence since Pete has assumed responsibility. Fans of the 1960 Buick should be proud that this memorable model year has been so expertly documented and beautifully showcased.

The September issue is all the more significant for those of us who are regulars on the forum here, since some of our members played a key role in providing material.

I've seen and ridden in Lee Branum's wonderful Invicta and the Bernards' fine LeSabres, and must say that these cars are great examples of the 1960 Buick.

4-speed (Matt Menges), it was great to see a photo of your cool Electra 225 Riviera Sedan in the issue as well.

I eagerly await Part II.

Darol Briscoe's article "1938 Drag Racers" was a good read too!

I was born in San Jose & graduated from high school and Jr. College in Stockton California. We lived just 12 miles south of what I remember as the Kingdon Drag Strip just outside Lodi California.

So Darol's article really took me back to the "good old days" in Northern California with another great story about prewar Buicks. (I just had to get that in).

Good point, Mark, and I wanted to note that the article and photos about the '37/'38 Buick tour were a great addition as well. I can only imagine the sight of a dozen of these cars cruising together along the highway!

The quality of this issue was certainly not limited to the coverage of the 1960 models.

I'd like to draw attention to the Bugle's full-page event notice about the upcoming display of the 1954 Buick Landau Motorama car at the Texarkana museum. Forum member Charles Barnette has worked hard to make this a very special event that will include the re-uniting of some of the car's long-missing accessories with the car itself. I hope members living near Texarkana will be sure to attend.

Guest imported_Thriller

Gee guys, you may need to consider putting "spoiler" in the subject line of these posts...my Bugle may arrive within 10 days or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thriller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee guys, you may need to consider putting "spoiler" in the subject line of these posts...my Bugle may arrive within 10 days or so.

</div></div>

Think of it as a way to whet your appitite...

Guest 70 Electra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Centurion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations to editor Pete Phillips, contributor 70Electra (Greg Cockerill), and owners variablepitch (Lee Branum) and Tri-shield (Eric Bernard) for the superlative September issue, featuring the 1960 Buicks!</div></div>

Centurion,

Thanks for the kudos. I'm looking forward to receiving my issue and seeing all the great 1960 Buicks. (As of today, it hasn't made it to SE Michigan.)