Santa ( Willie ) comes early ---- Irene is excited.

Rooster

Finally got a set of gears for Irene's rear end. laugh.gif

So hopefully before too much longer she will eventually be back on the road.

I need to take an opportunity via this forum to express my sincere gratitude to Willie, BCA member from Texas who persevered with the local wrecking yard to obtain a good set after a few failures due to most cars in the yard having the dreaded water / condensation in the rear axle housing.

The parts arrived all nicely packed by Willie, clean and covered in rust preventer. What more could I ask for ?

The Buick brotherhood certainly does stretch far and wide

and I am most appreciative for Willie's time and help.

As we would say Down Under " you're a top bloke " cool.gif

Thanks.

Irene says she will give an update report when her wheels turn again.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Yea, I don't care what anybody else says, ol Willie is all right. He's my go to guy for anything I can't figure out on my 54's which is typically anything I attempt.

I'm glad he was able to find a yard with something not full of water. Sorry I couldn't help you,I tried, I really did. I pulled 4 inspection plates on my parters and they were all full of water which scares me that my project cars may even be. In fact as I headed out to look at the last one and upon tellin Rita I was goin to look at another rearend, she just smiled and shook her head. I didn't dare ask what she was smilin at.

Looking forward to seeing Irene on the road, so thanks Willie.

While I was restoring my 1950 Super Jetback I received a lot of help from US based fellow car enthusiasts. One in particular who is a regular contributor to this forum is Bill Stoneberg. We caught up in Flint back in 2003 and had a beer and have kept in touch mainly through this forum since.

In 1948 General Motors Australia began building the Holden claimed to be an all Australian motor car!! This meant however that we basically stopped importing Buicks and other GM line vehicles ( had to stop that competition somehow ) and consequently parts are hard to come by for post 48 Buicks. Most of our parts for this era have to be sourced from the US and this makes friends like Bill and Willie, and I'm sure many others on this forum who are prepared to go that little bit further to help out a mate, so important to us.

So thanks guys, and Bill maybe we can catch up again next year in Colorado Springs ( unless you are dropping down to the Aussie Nationals in Queensland next September?? )

I'll shout the first round!!!

Sounds Like perfect Aussie to me smile.gif I think it's in our dictionary isn't it Stuart wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: serb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Stuart,

I like that expression, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll shout the first round!!! </div></div>

stevo </div></div>