What Class is my 52 chevy 3/4 ton?

Guest eturnnellbuzz

Guest eturnnellbuzz

Hi

new to this...just joined AACA and downloaded the 2008 Judges Manual. I am wrapping up a restoration of a 1952 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup and I am not sure what class the vehicle would be included. Also do they really want the bed wood painted flat black??? I think I have only ever seen one pickup like that. Also I have obtained an original Fulton sunvisor can I put this on the truck or will the non-factory option cause a deduction albeit it was a dealer option. Thanks in advance for any help

Jeff

Looks like it would be class 22c, 1942-1966, Commercial Vehicles, load capacity under 1 ton. Yes, the bed wood should be painted flat black as original. The addition of any non factory authorized accessories would be grounds for a deduction. Options must be factory installed or dealer installed factory authorized. Only factory documentation is accepted as proof.

Fulton visors are an aftermarket item. The factory would have required that the dealer sell the GM visor (if an option) however I'm sure a few dealers installed non authorized accessories without big brother knowing it. You will need factory documentation for the available factory accessories (model and year).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....however I'm sure a few dealers installed non authorized accessories without big brother knowing it. ...</div></div>

That issue was covered in a humorous way at a judging school . "Just because a dealer hung it on the vehicle doesn't mean the factory authorized it." cool.gif

Case in point, a Chevy Tracker that we bought new from a local dealer. They had taken it to Ziebart and had tinting put on the all the windows but the windshield. That tint was listed on the window sticker along with how much it had cost. If that car makes it to a show field someday they will have to have that removed or take the hit on points. The dealer did it, but the factory didn't authorize it.

Guest windjamer

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I read the truck bed should be black or the same color as the truck. I think it was covered in our news letter

Guest windjamer

I guess I have to hunt up my last judges letter I dont want to put out wrong info., I sure think its eather_or. Come on Susan chime in here. Save me a hunt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on Susan chime in here. Save me a hunt. </div></div>

Sorry wj but we were out of town looking at a 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider and I just saw this, and that MCH got the answer for you. Otherwise I would have looked it up for you.

Guest windjamer

Thanks Susan and MC. I was pretty sure I was right,but couldnt put my hand on the letter and didnt want to put out wrong info. Now, I looked on a spair judging sheet and I guess a deduction would come unde (outher).If thats the case ,.if I had a pick-m-up with a bowling ally finsh and chrome strips like most I see I think I would eat the deduction cause they sure are purty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wrapping up a restoration of a 1952 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do they really want the bed wood painted flat black???</div></div>Pull the boards out and paint them the body color. It'll look a lot better than flat black

Now something that I have already posted elsewhere, what about the fire trucks???

Are those hosebeds supposed to be painted the body color as in the case of the pickups?? I know in the case of our LaFrance, it was suppsed to be painted in the body color (which it is), but will the same rule apply to the fire trucks??

I judged exteriors at the truck class in Melbourne. A gentleman from North Carolina had factory literature showing natural boards in the bed of the '56 Ford.

.....He could prove it in factory literature and the deduction wasn't made.