1907 Hatfield Buggyabout

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Shaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This "Highwheeler" is more of a Horseless Carriage Club vehicle. These are very rare and not too user friendly for touring because they only go 15 to 20 MPH when they are running good. Fine for parades and museums. </div></div>

I disagree. Depending on how much of a hurry you're in, a highwheeler can be a great tour vehicle. They are usually very simple and easy to keep running. My father has many thousands of miles on his Sears, and I've driven it on many a tour. It's a time machine like no other.

I've never heard of a Hatfield, but other high-wheelers usually sell for $10-20k in running condition. They are tons of fun.

I have emailed the city manager and mayor of Miamisburg, Ohio. It would be neat if this car could be put on display in the city in which it was built. I wonder if there is any chance the owner would be willing to donate the car to Miamisburg, if the town was interested. There can't be more than a couple of these cars still in existence.

I'm also trying to get a hold of Carrillon Park, which is a super "Greenfield Village"-type museum setting that houses several cars that were built in the Miami Valley area.

Miamisburg is just south of Dayton.

I own a 1908 Hatfield, the one that West posted the picture from citymax. I'm interested in our car and if anyone else knows of any other Hatfields out there. There are only three that I know about, yours, mine and one in a museum in Dayton, OH that was rebuilt from a rotted out frame by Mr Harold Via. If anyone out there knows of any other please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for all the information and advice. We have sold the vehicle to Miamisburg Historical Society. We may have been able to get more money but, believe we are doing the right thing by sending it home. They plan to restore and exhibit the vehicle in town where it was built.

Thanks again.

This is an amazing set of circumstances if you think about it - a sort of "cyber barn find" - where the vehicle ends up in the best place possible. If this occurred as a result of the site, think about what had to fall into place:

1) Owners "google" or do a similar search to find the AACA site. She registers and asks a common general question

2) Several respond, and either directly or indirectly West puts them in touch with the township which must have lead to the historical society.

3) Deal is struck within days - cutting through red tape. Clearly the sellers should be commended for their decision here, and the society did not have to spend weeks/months running this through committees, etc.

We all get to follow it and all that is missing is the dust & dirt!

West, there is a story here (no sh$% Dick tracy, but I have another point here!). This could be a great way to promote this site within AACA. Less than 10% of our local region is familiar with this site or use it regularly. We are launching our own small site this month, and I showed this site at a meeting in March, a couple small steps. My point is there is still a large untapped body of members who could benefit through this site, this sort of story may help them conceptualize the potential.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Vintage buick

I am new at this, and I don't know how to post a for sale item. it is a 1924 buick in 98% restored condition, very nice. I would like to put pictures on the posting too. how do I do it?