1964 Heater Control Valve Rebuild?

toomuchvinyl

Hi Everyone!

I am posting this to see if anyone knows of an individual or company who can rebuild my non-AC heater control valve. I thought I had seen an advertisement in the Riview but after looking through the volumes I have gotten since joining, I haven't seen anything like that. Maybe just wishful thinking?

Keith Dawson

I posted this website some time ago for another '64 owner who was looking for a new one; perhaps this is what you saw.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:F75jydXeQTQJ:www.heatercontrolvalve.com/+rebuild+%22heater+control+valve%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

I have no experience with this guy, I only found him when I was "Googling" one day.

If you do have yours rebuilt by this guy, please let the rest of us know about your experience.

Ed

Thanks Ed and Bill,

Mine isn't really bad yet but it seems to weep a bit from the open/close lever. Caught this on eBay this evening(item# 160222044592), not sure if it would be the correct one, but check the price it brought. It sure makes checking with Mr. Tucker worth looking into.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rocket 88, that looks like a fine replacement. I'll get by NAPA tomorrow and see about getting one. I didn't subscribe to this thread when I started it and so didn't see the newer replies until this afternoon. Tom, the news that it's possible (even if not practical) to rebuild the original valve is also interesting. Retirement is just a few weeks away and I will be happy to have more time to spend with my cars.