Who wants to bid on Edsel Ford's Red Speedster?

Studemax

Would love to but back to reality. If you have not already done so you can read about how this car was discovered sitting in a carport in Florida not too long ago. Check out Tom Cotter's first barn find book "The Cobra in the Barn" - p.163.

Will be interesting to see how this fairs as it is truly a historic, one of a kind car.

Interesting to see RM's feedback is not what is generally considered steller by eBay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Old Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw this car at the RM auction house in Ypsilanti MI 3 weeks ago, and the paint is nowhere near as nice as the pictures. </div></div>

I've seen close-ups, and yes - it's a used sporty driver.

There are folks like me who would still love to have this historic car.

In regards to the paint: no, it's not original and it's not great, but it's got great patina.

I've driven this car and it is extremely fun. It's hard to get in and out of the driver's seat, and most people have to take their shoes off to drive it (pedals are cloooose together), but when the owner offers the car to you for a spin, you do what you gotta do. grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Mack_CT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe not CA or PA, but we have had some interesting cars here in CT, right Bob? I had no idea that car was ever here, though. </div></div>

All the Fords went to a private school in Kent, Ct. I believe the first speedster came to Connecticut with one of them or a friend that got it from them. John Cox, found it in the late 1940's in a junkyard and installed the fenders that were on it when it was discovered years later. John got it back and had it until he passed on.