Reatta trip

Sxxxcole: Your comment regarding driving your Reatta when you don't want to get your Honda Civic dirty and replacing Reatta parts with GM parts is for idiots, shows why you are <B>unregistered</B>.<P>You don't deserve a car as fine as a Reatta. Enjoy your rare Honda. shocked.gif" border="0

Triple R,<BR>I have a hard time understanding how you feel.<BR>When are you really going to say how you feel! It's comments like yours that adds spice to this site. Go for it but stay cool!<BR>Steve

Guest EDBS0

Enjoy, this is one of the last forums in the free western world that allows unregistered uzers to freely voice their opinions.. shocked.gif" border="0

...gee...a honda...? sometimes i also feel the need to drive a motorcycle with a garbage can around it too...sorry.

10 yrs. from now... <BR>The Honda gets recycled and you drive to the store in your Reatta to pick up some beer and... if you look close at the can you see the words "civic"

I look for excuses to take mine to town so I can drive by the kids with their Hondas and Toyotas all decked out. Get them to turn their heads and wonder at such a unique car. Heck, take away the spoilers, ground effects, noisy exhausts, and what do they have - Hondas and Toyotas. MargaREATTAville needs none of that to get attention.

Will say it again: a Reatta is not "just a car", it is a hobby, a lifestyle, a way to meet new friends (mostly electronics and computer techs), and a hole in the road in which to pour money.<P>Most common reaction: "Buick ?"

just got my first reatta!! love it to death!! im only 18 and i sware i will never be caught dead in an import!! my famly has owned buick's, ford's, pontiac's and doge's but we allways seem to find ourselves in a buick. i guess that says something for us canadians!! we love our beer and cars!! and as for the guy to said that he only drives his reatta beacuse he doesn't want to get his civic durty well i only have one thing to say to u! i hope u wrape that civic around my 1974 ford country squires bumper!! you won't be the first or last import i write off!! have a nice ride!! grin.gif" border="0

funny that everybody is cutting on hondas because the last time I checked they were made in Marysville, Ohio. Oh, and by the way the last time I checked was when I drove my Reatta into the parking lot there today to go to work. As far as some of the other comments when was the last time anybody saw a Ford or GM 4 cyclinder car run a quater mile in under 10 seconds. Not saying this is stock of course but still amazing. Just trying to stand up for an american made vehicle and the source that helped me purchase my reatta.

Wake the hell up Reattakid!<BR>Just because a rice burner is made in Ohio doesn't make them American cars. The profit still goes to Oh Hio's rice bowl in Tokyo. mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Guest tempest68

I take the Reatta out whenever the wife lets me! (its her car).<p>Reatta's are cool without having to make any modifications. The only Civic that I'd consider cool is the new hybrid gas-electric.<p>But I want to see how Ford does with the hybrid gas-electric Escape when its released (in 2003?). 40 MPG city from an SUV?

Guest C.F.Massie

Wow, you guys sure rag on other makes of cars don't you. I use my 89 Reatta as my one and only daily driver now and she has 154,800 on her and I get looks all the time everywhere I go. I get them from Vette owners, Lexus owners and yes even the rice burner owners, guess its because the Reatta is, in a numerical sense, a rare car on the todays road. Love that line Barney, champagne in the Reatta and beer in the truck. And the one about MargaREATTAville, that's priceless. Boy I love this site, it sure is informative and humorous and it always make my day.

All of my cars have had Margareta in the name. It goes back to the days of when my girl friend (now wife) were broke up as kids. The car then was MargaretaVillaVega. Margaretaville has been my theme song ever sence. Any you know what -- It is my own damn falt.

Back to the American 4-banger's not being able to hit the 10's in the quarter. I'd just like to add that I had a Shelby Daytona turbo(not stock by any means) that ran high 10's consistantly. She was a daily driver, ran on pump gas(93 oct.) and was built at a fraction of the cost that it takes a civic to run that. <P>I also have a friend who owns a neon R/T that runs mid 10's that is a daily driver. So lets not say that the "rice burners" are the only 4-bangers that can achieve such speeds. Besides I haven't seen a civic yet that can touch my naturally-asperated '83 S-10 V8 and it did not even cost me $2,000 to build! cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

Guest trofeo73

I have to say, that to me the trofeos, reattas, and allantes turn my head than just about any import. Most have to me, bland styling with there claimed state of the art technology. I do like some euro cars though, but I cant get enough of my trofeo, I guess I am way to into it, I know exactly how you guys feel when it come to having a passion for Reattas!