1926 or 27 Buick restore in Brazil need help with info

Beto Lacerda

1st of all let me introduce myself ,

my name is Roberto (portuguese for Robert , and Beto is pt for Bob ) , and my uncle own a 1926 ( by the registration) Buick , but seeing pics made me believe that's it is an 1927 . we are restoring it to original .

we are now in the final fase of restoration , and i need help with info like , what tags , plates mirrors , hub caps etc to use , and where to buy in NY ( my uncle is going to NY in Feb , but i belive that most places could ship to Brazil ( he owns a 1957 oldsmobile super 88 and Fusick auto allways shipped us with no problems).

do you guys have any hints for where start looking for infos and parts ??

im attaching 2 pics

one for the hub cap ( i have only 1 , need 3 more) and one of the dash board before the restoration just to exemplify the model of the car

sorry for any typo's or grammar mistakes , hope i made my self understood

tks

post-55291-143137963597_thumb.jpg

post-55291-143137963599_thumb.jpg

post-55291-143137963602_thumb.jpg

Hi.Looks like a 1927 becuse of the front window,1926 has split window.And your hubcap is 1922 or earlier.Your hubcaps should have the same skript as the radiator emblem.Try to search on this BCA site on Bay-Sell,I think that`s the best way for you,or look at E-Bay motors.

Leif in Sweden.

That is a fairly common hub cap. I see them on eBay all the time and have seen boxes of them at Hershey the last few years.

Here are some Factory photos that I have in my achives of 1926 open models.

I'm having problems loading them right now and have to leave. I'll do it when I get back so stay tuned.... Dave!

I'm back, Here's what I have.

1926buick25226.jpg

1926buick45537.jpg

1926buick55343.jpg

The Standard Catalog of Buick says that the dash was changed for 27 and that the speedometer was placed in front of the driver instead of to the side like yours. The bodies were basicaly unchanged.

Leif is correct that the windshild is solid instead of split and that is from 1927.

Do you know what Model it is??? Dave!

The model is -25 becuse of the rounded gauges,all master mod.has a type oval shape as the photo.And a photo of hubcaps for 1923-1928 but there are a lot of different size,both brass and aluminum.And my 1925-25 I bought in 1967 and still have.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-14313796364_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143137963642_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143137963645_thumb.jpg

I think his car should have Scriped lettered hubcaps like yours also Leif.

The 1915. C-36,37,54,55 all had 6 sided caps.

The 8 sided Block lettered cap was Teens and possibly the early 20's. Nickled Brass.

The next generation of cap was Nickled Brass with Scriped lettering. Early 20's

I'm not positive, but I would think that the caps were Scriped lettered Aluminum by 1927.

I know that the 1929 caps were totaly different. Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a fairly common hub cap. I see them on eBay all the time and have seen boxes of them at Hershey the last few years.

I'm having problems loading them right now and have to leave. I'll do it when I get back so stay tuned.... Dave!

</div></div>

the problem with ebay ir that I'm outside USA , even some stores refuse to ship , without mention the payment issues , in stores I can use credit cards , but in Ebay its not possible .

thanks for the pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Standard Catalog of Buick says that the dash was changed for 27 and that the speedometer was placed in front of the driver instead of to the side like yours. The bodies were basicaly unchanged.

Leif is correct that the windshild is solid instead of split and that is from 1927.

Do you know what Model it is??? Dave! </div></div>

where can I find this Catalog ?

is that kind of info i'm searching for

we want to restore the car with as much correct original details as possible.

i believe its an 1926 (now with the dash info) Buick Master model 25 ( with the wrong windshield smile.gif )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leif Holmberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The model is -25 becuse of the rounded gauges,all master mod.has a type oval shape as the photo.And a photo of hubcaps for 1923-1928 but there are a lot of different size,both brass and aluminum.And my 1925-25 I bought in 1967 and still have.

Leif in Sweden. </div></div>

your car is beutyfull , could you send me some more pics for references ?? if by email is easier no problems betolacerdaneto@gmail.com

thanks for helping

The Standard Catalog of Buick. 1903-2000. Here is the ISBN Number. 0-87341-576-0. Google it and I bet you will find it somewhere.

The book has just about every model listed within those years with some information on changes from year to year plus some historical information on the company.

Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beto Lacerda</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a fairly common hub cap. I see them on eBay all the time and have seen boxes of them at Hershey the last few years.

</div></div>

the problem with ebay ir that I'm outside USA , even some stores refuse to ship , without mention the payment issues , in stores I can use credit cards , but in Ebay its not possible .

thanks for the pics.

</div></div>

Beto,

Set yourself up with a PayPal account ( all part of ebay ), it is linked to your credit card and the majority of ebay vendors accept payment via that method.

Ebay has made buying and selling parts for old cars accessible for those of us in remote areas of the world, I have had over 300 transactions which in the main have been good deals.

I still recommend you look at the reproduction caps available from various sources. My experience is that unless you can get NOS caps they are normally damaged in some way.

Good luck with your restoration.

• 2 weeks later...

The photo posted by Leif is what the 1927 and 1926 Buick hubcaps look like. They are made of Aluminum and are NOT plated.

The inside diameter of the standard hubcaps is 3 1/4 inches; the master is 3 3/8 inches diameter.

You can get beat up hub caps with pipe wrench marks for around $5.00 at most of the swap meets. Really nice ones hardly ever show up. When they do, they are usually over $25.00.

I have a copy of an article that appeared in Antique Auto magazine several years ago which describes how to restore aluminum hub caps by making a mold to use as a backing so you can dap out the dents.

If you want a copy, send me your e-mail address.

frawling@bristolhomeloans.com

Fred