more scam

This is the exact way I recieved this.

"Hello Seller,

I'm interested in buying your{adversitment} which you have for sale on it i will like to know the last price and it's present condition and i will be very happy to come and pick it up by my Shipping company so get back to me with the last price .i hope to read from you Asap.

Rg"

Seems like he could have at least changed {adversitment}

(misspelled as it is) to the type of car I was selling

I sent him back a note telling him it was in average condition for a car that has set out for 50 years and I wanted $150,000 for it.

he replied

"Hey Jay Wolf,

Thanks for your fast email just to let you know that i have shipping company that will come down and pick it how about the papers of that car and how much are you going to sell it for the last price i hope to read from you asap.

Rg

Sam John"

Sent him a reply telling him that this was a rare car with red centered hubcaps and I would have to have the full $150,000. You don't see many with the red centered hubcaps anymore.

"Sam John" sound like a good American name.

• 1 month later...
Guest mlongfield

I had a good one off of the hcca.org website. I told him to give me his real name so I could look him up in the phone book and call him at his registered address.

It is a sure way filter withoug offending a serious buyer. Sometimes the real buyers are just as quick to buy the cars as the scammers are.