Car in living room

Guest frenchy1932

Guest frenchy dehoux

How many of us are lucky to be able and say I have my Classic car in my house ( Living Room ). Believe it or not but this was my wife idea. I do not need to give you all of the detail but if you can visit my website you will see from start to finish what type of project it was to transform the living room into a museum. So if any of you have the same luck as i have if you could post pictures of where ever your car maybe in your home. I know some of us may be in for some surprises here.

Thanks

Frenchy ( Doctor Detail )

Frenchysrides.com

Dave, I've got Oldsmobile parts stuffed everywhere- under the bed, behind the couch, the whole front bedroom... plus what's already in the garage loft.

At least I'm trying to get them all boxed up for each car, so in case something happens to me, whoever has to settle things will know what goes with what confused.gif . And I'm sure there are people who know some of what I've got, and are waiting for the day of the sale crazy.gif .

When friends of mine built their house they designed a room to park/display one of their VWs in it.

Extra wide french doors, a concrete porch/ramp, concrete floor and track lighting.

If my next restoration project goes anything like my last one, I will have parts in every, single room of my house except for the bathrooms.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ChrisSummers

Jerry J. Moore (he of the 1,000-car warehouse in TX in the late-'80s) had his favorite Lamborghini 350GT in a little glassed-in room that was lit at night, visible from his bedroom window.

Some nightlight!

No picture I'm afraid, just the story -

Several years ago I had to collect a car from an elderly gent who lived in a small sea-side town on the River Clyde (just opposite the Holy Loch for all you USN guys) here in Scotland.

He had this large rambling house with courtyards and brick-built stables surrounding it, most built before the automobile had even been invented. As I ran my eyes over a long row of classics in one of the stables he asked if I'd like a cup of tea - an offer I never refuse! We walked through a pair of french doors into this large wood-paneled living room and there to my huge surprise was not one, but two gleaming Austin Chummy's sitting there in all their glory.

250px-Austin_Seven_Chummy_Tourer_1929.jpg

He went on to explain being a single man all his life it seemed to make sense to work on these little cars in the comfort and warmth of his home and the logical place seemed to be into the room with the largest doors. There were no couches, just the two cars sitting on a thick carpet, book-shelves, tv, etc, etc, all the stuff that goes to make a comfortable living-room - just that this one was a little different as to its seating arrangments. So I sat down in one of the Austins to drink my nice wee cup of tea.

Argyll. wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barry22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's wrong with the bathrooms? </div></div>

My bathrooms are not very large. smile.gif

Then there are times when there is too much moisture in the air.

Most of my projects have more than enough rust to deal with. wink.gif

• 1 month later...

I recall seeing vintage footage of an all white 1958 Continental Mark III on a drive in platform in the living room in the middle of an all white modern glass house. I am not sure if that was a contest prize or just a showcase house, but it was cool.

And of course Dantana drove his 1957 T-bird into his burnt orange shag carpeted living room in the TV show "Vegas".