Buick Pedal Cars

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

I'd like to invite anyone who has pictures or knowledge of Buick pedal cars and go carts to post them here.

Here is an old Spear and Co ad. I enlarged it so one could read the great "FUN" description. smile.gif

SpearandCo.jpg

SpearandCo2.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Is this a Spear & Co. Also, Rita and I are in disagreement as to the gender of the little person in it.? She says it a boy. She's probably right as usual

girlorbboyinSpear2.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

This picture was taken by Robertas seester in Batavia. Looks a lot like the Spear & Co car. Does anyone know who had this car there, was it for sale, how much. I hope to have a need for one of these someday...read Grandkid(s)

BCANPedalCar.jpg

Lamar,

I'm on the planning committee for the 2006 Nationals in Rochester MN and if I'm not mistaken, the lubester display case and the pedal car are a couple of the prizes you can win in the raffle. I actually have not seen them myself, but I know they were being taken to Batavia for display purposes.

Guest imported_Thriller

There have been new pedal cars advertised by London Drugs here with Ventiports...that goes back a few months.

Guest imported_MrEarl

And here are some that were in a previous thread but were lost in the "New" Forum. This first one is my absolute favorite. I just love how lil sis seems to be HOLDIN ON for dear life. and check out the rope and stick steering. and oh yea how about the sight distance.

I often wonder how many of these kids grew up to own Buicks and perhaps still do. It will make my day when someone comes on and says "hey that's ME"

pedalcarholdonlissis.jpg

pedalcarporch.jpg

PedalcarTrouble.jpg

pedalcarwbowtie.jpg

pedalcarwportholes.jpg

white4holer.bmp

white4holer.bmp

white4holer.bmp

seems the lil bmp still wants to give trouble confused.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thank you Steve,

I've borrowed the picture and added it to here. I almost missed this one.

sweetlilboyinpedc.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Jim Schilf aka Palbuick turned us onto this auction in another thread and I thought I'd bring it here for further discussion.

www.hacksauction.com Oct 8,2005 Manmouth Ill.

I'd like others opinions as to if this indeed represents a 36 Buick? I don't know my 30's Buicks that well to distinguish if it is indeed a Buick or other make. Whadayathink?

30s.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

KRK Sr. over on the AACA board has identified it as a 36 Ford (without windshield. (thanks Karl)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim Schilf aka Palbuick turned us onto this auction in another thread and I thought I'd bring it here for further discussion.

www.hacksauction.com Oct 8,2005 Manmouth Ill.

I'd like others opinions as to if this indeed represents a 36 Buick? I don't know my 30's Buicks that well to distinguish if it is indeed a Buick or other make. Whadayathink?

30s.jpg </div></div>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

This is one of the nicest I have seen. The little girls are precious.

This is currently on eBay and in fairness to the ebay sellers, I always bid on what I borrow, but this one is getting out of my league. see what I mean

also, if you can't see the full length of the photo, try hitting the F11 key, it works on my puter.hit again to get back to normal smile.gif

1920stwoprettygirls.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Carl, thanks for that link. Sorry I'm just now responding to your post, I just had time to check out the site you referenced.

I believe these 59/60 Buick "go-carts" might belong to our own Greg Cockerill. They certainly are cool.gif There was more regarding these in a previous thread that got lost in cyberspace somehow. Maybe Greg will fill us in.

353647-60buick1.jpg

post-32987-14313787645_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Here's your photos Nancy. Please fill us in on where the car originated and any history that you know of it.

60inv1hr2.jpg

60invicta6wd2.jpg

60invicta2wi6.jpg

60invicta7kv9.jpg

60invicta5ce4.jpg

60invicta10pz3.jpg

60invicta3md5.jpg

60invicta4np7.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

John, No it must have been gone by the time I got there on Thursday. That is one sweet lil car. Was it truly a pedal car or a replica.

Tom, do you know who won the raffle car?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lamar,

I'm on the planning committee for the 2006 Nationals in Rochester MN and if I'm not mistaken, the lubester display case and the pedal car are a couple of the prizes you can win in the raffle. I actually have not seen them myself, but I know they were being taken to Batavia for display purposes. </div></div>

BCANPedalCar.jpg

• 10 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

One of the nicest original examples of a Buick pedal car I've ever seen, on eBay or anywhere else. .

1921 Buick Roadster PC on Ebay

The ebay description:

I purchased this old original pedal car this year from a 91 year old gentlemen who received it for Christmas back in 1921 when he was five years old. He is still alive and well and will document that this toy was in his possession for 70 years and had been put away in the family attic for over 60 years. This old roadster has amazing original paint with gorgeous original patina as seen in the photos. Note the old hand brake, real glass headlights, hood ornament, license plate and original brass mfg tag. A wonderful all original time capsule and perfect for a Buick or pedal car collector. Displays very high grade original in real life. Made of painted metal and measures 24” wide x 38” long x 21” high.

post-32987-143137940534_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137940536_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Very nice...I wonder if the 91 year old got a fair price for it...I've bought two full size Buicks for less than the bidding is at now and if it goes much higher, it will be 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Is this what I think it is. A vintage 1921 CUPHOLDER? I've alwaus wondered who had the first cupholder.

buick2Bpedal2Bcar2B25.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Final sale price for the little '21 Buick (with cupholder).... $4,200

or would that have more than likely been an oil can holder. Didn't a lot of early cars have those?

• 2 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

here I go again, replying to another one of my own posts. I don't care, I love these little pedal cars and I suspect there's at least one other out there that does too. never had one of my own, had to build my own. My toes still hurt every time I think about when they got caught in the spokes of the tricycle wheel I had on the front axle.

Maybe some day I'll have grand children. Why? so I can warn them to keep there toes outa the spokes, is why. What, you thought I was gonna BUY them one of these eBay cars.he he

On Ebay Now

For when the ebay auction is gone:

post-32987-143137949006_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137949008_thumb.jpg

post-32987-14313794901_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quote "Final sale price for the little '21 Buick (with cupholder).... $4,200

or would that have more than likely been an oil can holder. Didn't a lot of early cars have those?"

Yes sir-ry Mr. Earl, my 1915 C-36 has an oil can holder and it was factory equiped that way as seen in the parts book under the tool section. Gotta keep those open overhead valves oiled. The reference Book says between 50 and 100 miles depending on how sever the road conditions are!Thank God that we no longer have to deal with these early high maintanance autos in our everyday lives today. Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thriller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't look much like a '38 Buick though...dang toddler rodders wink.gifgrin.gif

</div></div>

Derek,

I thought Lamar was doing your ghost writing for an instant there. You are starting to use his expressions. ".....Dang......"

OOOOPPPPSSSSS!

Stevo

Guest imported_MrEarl

Uhmmm, I wonder which one of the PW Buicks she'll get when she turns 16..... wink.gif

and Stevo...dang ya, they outghta take a rope and hang ya, bip bip bip bip bip bip bip bip

Mark,

Do you know how our neighboring (or in Canadian <span style="font-weight: bold">neighbouring</span>) country to the North got it's name?

It seems that they held a contest to see which school child would name the country. After picking a child from grade 6, they decided to put all of the letters of the alphabet into a drum, pick them out one at a time and then name the country from those letters.

The child drew the first letter and proudly proclaimed "C" eh, then "N" eh, then "D" eh, hence the country was named CANADA. C....<span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>....N.....<span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>.....D.....<span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>

I can tell these types of jokes since all three of my children were born in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada.

Stevo

Guest imported_Thriller

Gee Whiz...what you get for trying to keep the language reasonable on a forum that has some younger members....

Mark - you may not have looked around much...I was one of the last to leave the banquet hall, unless you turned up after absolutely everyone was gone. I did get the chance to introduce Lamar to Tad though so that everyone knew Past-President Paul's message about the drooling Georgian.

The name Canada is derived from an eastern aboriginal word for village or community.

The biggest problem with spelling words properly (like neighbour) is that generic spell checkers use the simplified American spelling of everything...things like Word are OK since you can specify languages grin.gif

To all of our Northern Neighbours:

<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="font-size: 20pt"> </span> <span style="color: #FF6600">

<span style="font-size: 20pt">HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!</span>!</span>

<span style="font-size: 8pt"> </span>

Just because we kid around a lot on this forum does not mean we can not be serious when it is time. So, Happy Thanksgiving from all of us.

Stevo, Lana, Family and all of the Forum Members

Guest imported_Thriller

Thanks a bunch...we had bird tonight and are having some kin over tomorrow for ham...Suzanne doesn't care much for turkey, we we substituted with a fair-size chicken.

So, is everyone off work for Columbus Day? Obviously I know who Columbus was, but don't know much about the holiday....

Mark - I pretty much have to use the word American...if I used Yanks or Yankees, then Lamar and some of the other good ol' boys down south would get in a tizzy grin.gifwink.gif Darn it all.