Aftermarket radio

Y-JobFan

4 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

Is there a simple aftermarket radio that fits nicely in a 90 Reatta - doesn't need all the bells and whistles other than either bluetooth or the ability to plug a phone in.  Is there a unit that happens to be a favorite amount Reatta enthusiasts? 

Not Bluetooth but a good alternative (Typhoon/Syclone radio). Might also have been OEM for the Grand National.

Buick-Bushwacker-Reatta-rad.jpg

Edited by Bushwack (see edit history)

theres this...https://www.crutchfield.com/p_068NEWPORT/RetroSound-Newport.html?tp=5684&avf=Y not my first choise.btw if a radio has audio inputs its easy to add bluetooth.i did on my 89 reatta radio.the aftermarket used to make din 1.5 radios but quit for some reason.i have a very nice pioneer in my van complete with xm satelite radio.

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)

Found a fellow that does this to the 16149094 that Bushwack mentioned.  He said that he usually includes a wiring harness but since  it is plug and play for the Reatta he will include an adapter harness kit for a special smartphone hands free aux cord.  I also liked the option handmedownreatta showed.  Thanks

image.thumb.png.5ac3de6bedc0fd92667a89d726dd9b5a.png

7 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

I decided on  the Retrosound Newport, I liked the idea of having a CD player, but in the end climbing in the car and having my iPhone sync with the radio won out.  I have XM on my iPhone so the Bluetooth connection and not having to worry about a cord won out. 

crutchfield says it won't fit a reatta but fit a 1990 rivera  which should be the same.i don't know either way.

A little more new info - the fellow that sells the refurbished radio's has told me that he can add Bluetooth in place of the aux jack and no jack would be seen on the front.  There is no microphone so it would be for music only, no phone calls through the radio.