There's a new '54 Star Chief in town

Summershandy

Well, after almost 8 months I took my car to the mechanic to get inspected for roadworthy. It passed! I worked all winter in my garage on my back with simple backyard tools. I am no mechanic by any means but I have played one on TV lol. He was impressed on the condition and cleanliness of it. Talk about make my day. I get compliments anytime I take it out. Now if the engine and drivetrain survive for the rest of the summer, It'll be cosmetic work over the winter. Hard work, dedication and the help from all you guys made my dream come true! Thanks....gotta go....gotta cruise....

IMG_6604.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks, my younger mechanic friend had quite sometime admiring an older car. I picked it up last summer sitting in a field. The body looked great and after a boost and hearing the engine run, I took my chances. One thing I remember the mechanic said that made me laugh he said, "did you pull the engine to paint it?" Nope I replied, "but the whole thing is painted!" Time, patience, a can of Bill Hirsh paint and brushes. It flows so beautiful it looks like spray on. I also want to thank California Pontiac Restoration. Without them of course, the Chief would have never came back to life.