1975 Cosworth Vega FOR SALE REDUCED!

I have decided to start to thin down my collection, and after long consideration I decided that this car would be one to go.  I have owned this car for 6 years and bought the car from the original owner. It was sitting in storage prior to that from 1985. I have the original bill of sale and build sheet. This is car 0718 out of the 3508 of total production in 1975 and 76., with a few hundred known to be left that are running according to the Cosworth registry.The car has 79,000 miles and runs GREAT!  In 1975 the Cosworth sold for on $500 less than the Corvette and $800 more than a Camaro. This car is a great fun to drive, and rivals the feel of driving a British sports car of the same era. I had come upon the rare aftermarket Hutton Weber Carburetor set-up, and replaced the original problematic Electronic Fuel Injection set-up, I do have all of the original parts and they will go with the car. Some of the paint is still original in areas but it has been touched up. Since I have owned it I had the original rims restored, 5 new tires, new exhaust from the original factory stainless steel header back, new tie rod ends and center link, new fuel pump, new Delco clutch, new clutch cable, the close ratio 4 speed transmission was overhauled with new bearings and syncro rings,  new U joints were installed. original starter was rebuilt, new brakes, radio speaker was rebuilt, new hoses and radiator was boiled out. new Steele weatherstrip on the hatch and the doors, had a new headliner installed, and I am sure there were many other items I had forgotten. I have an additional engine that will go with the car as well as other parts. Car is very fast! Car is registered to me and is located on Long island New York. It turns heads everywhere we take it! I know that these two words were seldom mentioned in the same sentence 'solid' and ' Vega' but it is....  a solid vega.  I feel it is priced very reasonable at $14,500 for a car you start and drive anywhere tomorrow., all supported by a great national club of extremely knowledgeable fellow Cosworth enthusiasts. I must have well over 150 magazines from the COVA loaded with GREAT  tech articles, like it should be!   If you are interested please PM me for more information. I will have some more photos posted on the undercarriage in the next day or so  more history on Cosworth Vegas please go to http://chevyvega.wikia.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Cosworth_Vega

Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me for more information 9am to 9PM EST      

$13500 Now

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_4848.JPG

IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4850.JPG

IMG_4851.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...