How to remove old(1975) reg/inspection stickers

GaryBudd

I guess it also depends on how brittle they are.  Some stuff is just beyond help.  I imagine a heat gun might be the best way to heat it up.  I'm not sure if one is brittle if you could use celar packing tape stuck to the back first to keep it together.  Maybe on glass,  the clear packing tape to reinforce it,  then very carefully with a razor, in a cross wise slicing almost motion might work best, carefully scrape it off.  A little heat as well might help.  Even a sunny day outside with the sun shining on the glass.

• Like 1

Are they paper?

Ask any windscreen replacement shop. They often do this I would think; well, here there is the Warrant of Fitness (paper) and the license pouch (plastic) that have to go across, although usually they replace the license pouch with one of theirs with their name on it.

• Like 1

The ones in NY state can be removed and replaced without voiding them.  As mentioned the glass shops remove them and replace them on the new windshield without any issues.  I have removed them carefully just when replacing them and have had alot of luck getting them off entirely intact.  Though i just throw them away.  It's better than cleaning the mess up if you just hack at it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...