Cylinder Water Inlet 28-Master

dracenroc

It looks to me (from the one photo) that the water pump housing proper needs to be slightly indexed out from the cylinder block.  Standing in front of the engine and looking toward the rear of the chassis, the pump housing needs to be rotated a few degrees counter-clockwise to take the kink out of the connecting hose. Just my 2 cents here.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

@Terry: I guess the pump and inlet alignment is not to bad but the angle is definitely not correct. And yes, the hose is too short, I will replace it. The worse thing is the diameter differs from the inlet to the pump. Inlet diameter is bigger then the one on the pump, don't think this is factory made?

@Hugh: If I couldn't find a replacement I'll try to bend it. The inlet is like this since I got the car, it worked so far but a correct one would be better.

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

I have an intake off a '27 motor that's surplus to my needs if your interested. In fact I'm parting out a McLaughlin 27-27 which is going to be too much work for restoration, if there is any thing else needes.

Wayne

DSC05757.JPG

Here are the water inlet parts number I have in my parts books 1926 Std 190289 same as 1927 Std 190289. 1928 Std no.207756.

1926 Mast. 190305  1927 Mast. 190289   1928 Mast. 207755. 

1929 and 1930 models has all other parts number than 1928!

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)
  • Like 1