Anti theft door lock pulls for 50s Buicks?

56 Buick

Hi all

I was interested in finding some anti theft door lock pulls for the 56 but I can't seem to find anything anywhere as the thread appears to be different to other makes. For clarity I am talking about the pins you pull up and push down to unlock and lock the car from the inside.

Does anyone have any advice or located some somewhere?

Alternatively does anyone know the thread size of the pull pin?

Thanks

Drew

I installed a set on my '56 Bel Air years ago when it was my daily driver.  (I could unlock it in 30 seconds or less using a wire coat hanger.)  I also noticed the threads seemed different, but I did get them on (probably re-tapping the plastic as I screwed them down.)  I added a drop of superglue before installing them for good.  Never had a problem with them...

Um, FYI -- even with the smooth lock pulls I can unlock my '56 Bel Air in about 60 seconds (still a 100% improvement).  I never leave anything of value in my cars.  Also, if you're concerned about theft consider installing a hidden ignition (or starter) disable switch and fashion a hood lock mechanism.  A length of chain attached to a hood latch bolt and small padlock worked for me on my '56.

• Like 1