Inventory of junk yards (please help)

Kosage Chavis

I am hoping everyone can help me out with a special request.  I am still in the process of purchasing parts for my 55 Buick.  

I am asking anyone that knows of any junkyard(s) that sell any classic car parts to provide their info here.  A name, city/county and/or phone number would be a big help. 

I know we have a vast number of members who live in many different places and know of or have visited these junk yards.  I appreciate all of your help.  Thank you.

George Philbates died a few years ago, but I see his business is still listed in Lanexa, New Kent County, VA.   804-843-2884

Over the years I bought many parts from George. In the 80s he was crushing 70s cars and keeping anything older. Where he kept finding old stuff amazed me. Most came out of Norfolk/Chesapeake area he told me.

Close enough for you to go see for yourself who is running it and what the inventory might be.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

George Philbates died a few years ago, but I see his business is still listed in Lanexa, New Kent County, VA.   804-843-2884

Over the years I bought many parts from George. In the 80s he was crushing 70s cars and keeping anything older. Where he kept finding old stuff amazed me. Most came out of Norfolk/Chesapeake area he told me.

Close enough for you to go see for yourself who is running it and what the inventory might be.

Thanks again.  I have actually been to Philbates a couple of times.  Spent the whole morning looking around.  

• 3 weeks later...

NOT sure about how good this website is OR what "networks" it might be involved with . . .    www.car-part.com 

Many salvage yards used to be on a phone circuit to take to each other, to make inquiries and such.  I was always a little skeptical of it due to the fact the "inventory" was in the yard operator's "head" AND could be subject to their particular mood on a given day/hour.

NTX5467

That was the "Hot Line" and it was an open microphone telephone  system. Always on. Customers could listen to the speaker while they were standing in line.

"65 Skylark 3/4 right front,   65 Skylark 3/4 right front,               I got one,     Al's       "   etc etc. Great entertainment while shopping.