99 riviera silver arrow parts?

Guest Philthy

Guest Philthy

Hello, my mother has a 1999 Buick Riviera Silver Arrow in excellent condition. GM only made 200 of these special models. Unfortunately, she scraped the side of the car on the garage door jamb and the dealer says two parts are no longer available from GM. I was wondering if anyone had any sources for obscure parts like these. The parts in question are the passenger rear wheelwell trim and the "silver arrow" logo that mounts on the rear quarter panel. Any help is appreciated 

Phil

Macomb, MI

There are a ton of 95 - 99 Rivieras in the pic-n-pull lots.  The rear wheelwell trim is not unique to the Silver Arrow.  Look for a local yard in your area by going to row52.com.  Do a search for Buick Rivieras and you're more than likely to find something.  The emblem is another story, good luck with that one.

As Ed said, the wheel well molding from any ’95 to ’99 Riviera will work and there are still lots of them in salvage yards. You can also do a search on car-part.com and probably find one. You would just need to be sure to get one that is not damaged, probably ask for a guarantee from the salvage yard?

The "Silver Arrow" emblem will be another story though, I was typing when Ed replied, since as you know they were a limited production so there were not that many of the emblems produced. You might also find one in a salvage yard, but, that would take a good bit more searching for sure.

Good luck with your search,

Guest Philthy

Thanks guys....never heard of row52. Looks like a good site to start with. Never had any luck with car-part.com, just a bunch of spam emails and calls. Good to know there is nothing special about the wheelwell trim and fits all those years. Don't know what I am going to do about the emblem.

3 hours ago, Philthy said:

Thanks guys....never heard of row52. Looks like a good site to start with. Never had any luck with car-part.com, just a bunch of spam emails and calls. Good to know there is nothing special about the wheelwell trim and fits all those years. Don't know what I am going to do about the emblem.

Take the one off the other side so the sides are symmetrical.  There are so few out there only Rivman would notice.  There's enough other SA emblems on the car to identify it as a Silver Arrow. ?

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Philthy said:

I've had fairly good luck with car-part, not sure what you mean about spam emails and calls? I just look for yards that have the part I am looking for, give them a call, and go from there, never had any spam from that?

For the emblem you could do as Ed suggests and removed the other side too, there have been others that have de-badged their Rivs, not necessarily a Silver Arrow but anyway. Another thing to keep in mind is they are right and left, so if you do find/get a replacement be sure it is correct for that side.

How "excellent" is the condition of the Silver Arrow, and how interested are you in a replacement emblem?  

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Take the one off the other side so the sides are symmetrical.  There are so few out there only Rivman would notice.  There's enough other SA emblems on the car to identify it as a Silver Arrow. ?

I disagree, I bet you would notice/mention it missing before I would!!!

2 minutes ago, Rivman said:

I disagree, I bet you would notice/mention it missing before I would!!!

Truth be told, I didn't know there was a Silver Arrow script on the side.  Thought there was just one on the trunk. Then all the neat stuff inside.

One option would be to have one printed on chrome vinyl.  The same look but not three dimensional.  

My daughter has the program and the "printer", which actually is a cutter (Cricut), on her computer and she makes all sorts of bicycle decall for me based on photos of originals that I pull off the internet.

Guest Philthy

Thanks to all for the input.

I will try local yards first since shipping the wheelwell trim will be an awkward package susceptible to damage. Now that I know the trim is not exclusive to the 99 Silver Arrow, it should be easier to find. 

The emblem I am probably out of luck on. It is not damaged, but dealer is afraid it will be hard to get off without wrecking it. I will try to remove myself using the old fishing line trick. Have not taken a close look at it yet to see how thin it is. 

21 hours ago, RivNut said:

Truth be told, I didn't know there was a Silver Arrow script on the side.  Thought there was just one on the trunk. Then all the neat stuff inside.

One option would be to have one printed on chrome vinyl.  The same look but not three dimensional.  

My daughter has the program and the "printer", which actually is a cutter (Cricut), on her computer and she makes all sorts of bicycle decall for me based on photos of originals that I pull off the internet.

There is nothing Silver Arrow on the trunk, not sure what you would be referring to???

That would look sooooo tacky for this application I would go without before doing a chrome Silver Arrow sticker!!!

3 hours ago, Philthy said:

Thanks to all for the input.

I will try local yards first since shipping the wheelwell trim will be an awkward package susceptible to damage. Now that I know the trim is not exclusive to the 99 Silver Arrow, it should be easier to find. 

The emblem I am probably out of luck on. It is not damaged, but dealer is afraid it will be hard to get off without wrecking it. I will try to remove myself using the old fishing line trick. Have not taken a close look at it yet to see how thin it is. 

The emblems are pretty durable so removing it with the fishing line should do just fine. I would still be careful but if isn't damaged you should just be able to remove it, clean it up, and reapply it. I have seen them glued back on, or you could put 3M molding tape on the back and cut that around the lettering?

I have the dimensions of where they were "supposed" to be applied, let me know if you want those.

5 hours ago, Rivman said:

There is nothing Silver Arrow on the trunk, not sure what you would be referring to???

That would look sooooo tacky for this application I would go without before doing a chrome Silver Arrow sticker!!!

Just goes to show you how closely I looked the last time I saw one.  I'm better sticking to 1st generation stuff?