You bought what? Again?

Thriller

I made the deal last night on another 1988 Reatta.  This one will be called Saphira if I decide it stays.  So, here's the thing.  It's in tough shape, but came with a significant pile of spare parts and 8 spare wheels and tires for $500 Canadian (that's about $20 for Americans).  I couldn't pass it up.  That said, my daughter wants her own Reatta some day...this may be it, but I'm not certain yet.

It's originally a blue car (still is, but got a darker repaint with no pinstriping) with 16 way seats in a blue interior.  With the parts in the trunk, I didn't lift things to get all the code information.  I'll do that after we get back from Wisconsin and pick up the car.  It did stop starting...basically no resistance on turning the ignition key.  It appears the ignition switch rack is broken...don't know yet if that is all, or if it was the weak link in a bigger issue.  Without a steering wheel on it, it will be more challenging to get the car on the trailer, but we will manage, either temporarily getting the wheel on or protecting things and using vice grips to steer a bit.  It has a homemade plexiglass (or similar) sunroof.  It didn't occur to me to verify if it was originally a sunroof car.  For the moment it stays as is.  We did see some blue paint that would be original, which is a much nicer colour in my opinion...again, not an immediate thing.  The glass is all good.

20170629ReattaIMG_3324.jpg

20170929BlueReattaInteriorIMG_3329.jpg

20170629ReattaIMG_3322.jpg

20170629BlueReattaSparesIMG_3336.jpg

• Like 5

Well, the 1929 and 1959 are both in the midst of getting work done, so I can't begin to say how quickly anything will happen.

Thanks for the offer Daves89.  I don't think I'll be able to make time to get back to the trunk before we leave Monday morning.  I will keep you in mind...I've driven further for parts and it gives me an opportunity to see some Gopher State folks.

No problem but we are the Badger State folks...

I can still bring it if you want. I will be driving a 1989 Red/tan/red outside mirrors with 7 spoke chrome wheels and a a Red Alero spoiler. Also has a glass powered sunroof [after market]. 

I'll give you an extra tan steering wheel [free] I don't need. You can paint it to match the interior or paint it black. It's getting wore but if painted should look much better. I had Custom Crafts make me a "one only" wheel.  

Just let me know...

• Like 1

Having driven both (helped a friend move one that he owned once) I think the Fiero is smaller. The Reatta is the same platform as the Riviera and is quire low, making it seem smaller than it is. According to Wikipedia the Reatta has 5.5" longer wheelbase, is about 21" longer overall, and is considerably heavier than the Fiero. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually owned both a a Fiero and a (two actually) Reattas.  We know of course they are totally different platforms.  Other than being 2 seaters and of similar overall size, that's about where the similarities end.  Fiero is mid engine RWD and Reatta is front engine FWD.

They sit and drive nothing alike and suspension is tuned very different.  The Fiero feels like driving a go kart with much more power; pretty fun actually!  Reatta feels more like driving a Buick.  I enjoy driving both for different reasons.  I have always thought the Reatta would be fun with a little more power and a sportier suspension.

• Like 3