Need a source for making a glass cowl light lens

dpeeler

I have one cowl light for a 1915 Stevens Duryea and want to find a glass lens maker to make a second. It is a clear lens about 5" in diameter (made originally by Corning) and typical of the late brass cars. There is also a green tinted glass sidelight about 2" wide and curved to fit in the side of the brass housing. Does anyone know who's able to reproduce these early glass lens? Thanks!

Edited by dpeeler (see edit history)

A number of years ago I cast several  red tail light lenses.  I had a friend with a lens that was totally irreplaceable.  I made a rubber mold and cast three out of red acrylic.  They had all the little reflectors on the inside and seemed to be as good in operation as the original.  The original was put away for safekeeping and the cast ones are still in use 25 years later.  As soon as you touch, tap or pick one up you know it is not glass but it really serves the purpose.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:02 PM, dpeeler said:

I have one cowl light for a 1915 Stevens Duryea and want to find a glass lens maker to make a second. It is a clear lens about 5" in diameter (made originally by Corning) and typical of the late brass cars. There is also a green tinted glass sidelight about 2" wide and curved to fit in the side of the brass housing. Does anyone know who's able to reproduce these early glass lens? Thanks!

I have one 4" clear lens like the one you show above... if interested see our site

www.oldcarlenses.com   look for my email and send a request.  Or reply here.