Wanted Wire Wheel Cover Center Medallion and More

Riviera63

Hi,

I am looking for a wire wheel cover center medallion. I need the 1963 black and silver tri-shield medallion that will work with the 4-hole spinner with no cracks and/or scratches. I am also looking for the metal vacuum line that went from the brake booster to the front of the intake manifold and the brass tee that it goes into. If you have any of these items that you would be willing to sell please PM me. Thanks.

Bill

P2040542.JPG

P2060549.JPG

14 hours ago, bodayguy said:

I have the wheel cap you need. PM me. So happens I need two of the Riviera logo type myself. But I have an extra tri-shield as pictured here.

I have a coupe of the "R" medallions that are in "decent" condition I would be willing to part with. Let me know if you are interested, I can send pictures and we can go from there?

On 4/5/2016 at 4:59 PM, Riviera63 said:

Hi,

Someone got back to me and I have located the metal vacuum tube. I still am looking for the brass "tee" for the manifold end of the vacuum tube and the spinner medallion. Thanks.

Bill

IMG_1775.JPG

Bill,

Make sure that you don't get just any "tee."  The "tee" that you're looking should have the fitting on the end of it.  The fitting is a valve that shuts off vacuum to the a/c under full load.

Ed

6 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Bill,

Make sure that you don't get just any "tee."  The "tee" that you're looking should have the fitting on the end of it.  The fitting is a valve that shuts off vacuum to the a/c under full load.

Ed

Ed,

Is the check valve part of the tee or is it a separate piece that screws into a tee? I thought Tom Mooney had mentioned to me awhile back in a post that I did not need to get an original check valve and that I could get a check valve at an auto parts store. I'm a little in the dark on how everything fits together as my car does not have this set up and as a result I have never seen it in the flesh. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

They're separate pieces according to the illustration; I'll have to go with that because I haven't looked at mine for a while.  Tom is usually right on with his advise.  If you can't find an original, then go for what Tom suggests.  I think that the illustration in the preceding posts should be most helpful.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Rivman said:

I have a coupe of the "R" medallions that are in "decent" condition I would be willing to part with. Let me know if you are interested, I can send pictures and we can go from there?

Sounds great, I will PM you

I really appreciate the heads up. I found it on e-bay and it does not look the same as what goes on the Rivs. Did they have different vacuum lines for different models? I have seen another one like the one on e-bay before. I have attached a picture of what I think is the line that I need. The fitting in both cases is different than what is needed for my application.

Bill

DSC07742.JPG

The vacuum for the brake booster comes from this port on the intake.  If the car were equipped with a/c, then the fitting in the manifold would have been a Tee and one side of the Tee would have gone to the brake booster; the other side would have gone to the a/c controls.  I would say that the piece pictured above is from a non-a/c car.

Ed

Ed,

What I was referring to was the actual length and shape of the line itself. The line pictured in my previous post is the type I need, while the one on e-bay is not the same. The fitting aside, my question was: were there different shaped vacuum lines for different Buick models? I previously had contact with a member about a vacuum line. He had the same type as the one on e-bay which is not the one I need. Thanks.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...