65 GS exhaust on a 64??

96roadmaster

Hi,

I have a 63. When I was ready to get my exhaust system replaced I was given the advice by a knowledgeable Riv guy to have my exhaust guys use the 65 GS exhaust system pattern when they bent pipes as there are fewer bends and easier to install. They did that with no problems. Looks and works great. I am not sure about the exhaust hanger locations.  

Bill

The frame for a base '65 and a '65 Gran Sport are no different and there's no difference between a '64 and a '65 frame so I'd say that everything should fit.  You might need bigger clamps but I think that would be the only thing.  I'm speaking in generalities, not from actual experience though.

Ed

I just did an install of a complete 65GS exhaust system on a '63 Riv. this past summer. ALL the hangers are in the same locations. The ONLY thing I had to do was cut off 1" from the inlets of the resonators. This was a Waldron stainless system. After it was installed could have used another 1" less. But other than that a complete bolt-in with very little mods needed.

Tom T.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tom, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Will be following your footsteps on Monday.

Does anyone have any experience with Waldron's mild imposter muffler? I'd like something a bit throatier than stock, but don't want to lose the character of the Riv with an overly loud setup.