vacuum booster question

Rufcar

Coast. I have seen many on line , some run off the front belts others are electric. Hoping to find an electric one I can mount away from the engine. It has not effected my brakes buy rather my account and heat as I don't have enough vacuum to hold things open very long.

Yikes, I did not even think about all the other things that are vacuum driven.. My A/C and heat are not working yet so that issue has not smacked me in the face yet. Let me know if you find a good solution. I sure wish I would have gone back with the original cam spec...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tom my car is still in the paint shop (6) MONTHS. When I last tested it I had about 8 or 9 in all ports and spent a zillion hours getting thing to even attempt to work. Then I read about the cam. The PO put in a cam and I never knew this would effect the output. That's why I am looking for a vacuum pump that could solve the problem. The brakes are fine. I ran a new line to make the trunk lock work but I had to bypass the unit and run a direct line with a valve to make the heater control valve work. I can get the actual to go one if I help the vacuum valves by hand. The compressor and dryer are new and the lowest temp I get is 55. This whole vacuum system has been the most complicated system to work I have ever encountered.

Tom my car is still in the paint shop (6) MONTHS. When I last tested it I had about 8 or 9 in all ports and spent a zillion hours getting thing to even attempt to work. Then I read about the cam. The PO put in a cam and I never knew this would effect the output. That's why I am looking for a vacuum pump that could solve the problem. The brakes are fine. I ran a new line to make the trunk lock work but I had to bypass the unit and run a direct line with a valve to make the heater control valve work. I can get the actual to go one if I help the vacuum valves by hand. The compressor and dryer are new and the lowest temp I get is 55. This whole vacuum system has been the most complicated system to work I have ever encountered.

Measure your vacuum level at the manifold to establish a base line. If your brakes are OK that indicates to me you should have a high enough vacuum level to operate the hvac components. The system is not that complicated, you shouldnt be having insurmountable problems. Isolate and test each component with a vacuum pump or hand held vacuum pump. You are probably losing vacuum at one or more components which is rendering all components non-op.

Tom