Rare 1977 Lincoln Town Coupe F/S

I'm going to sell my 1977 Lincoln Town Coupe. 55,000 original miles, this car has the super rare tu-tone ans interior and a moonroof. Probably not another one like it anywhere. 460 runs and starts beautifully. Could use paint, this is driver quanity only. Call me and I'll tell you about it. The car has air which does not work. Clean Illinois title in my name. I'd like to get $9,000 but make an offer and I'll probably take it. 847-997-9944.

post-51224-143142909077_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys and while I pulled off the market last year I'm going to sell it again. I put it up on Fleebay this morning with a starting bid of $7,500. I bought a '70 Lincoln Coupe last month and this puppy needs to go. Thanks.

John M., is the 1970 Lincoln you got a Mark III, or the

regular large Lincoln? Either one is nice, though the

regular Lincolns of 1970 are rarely seen these days,

and therefore are more interesting to me.

(I saw a maroon one for sale on the internet recently--

is that the one you got?)

Not rare is tough to quantify on these nearly 40 year old cars. This one is nice no matter what. My issue is garage space. I just sold a 1972 Buick that filled it's space. I sincerely believe this car would not fit in my garage.

Well, its not a compact car, that's for sure but it fits in my garage just fine. It's a little under 20' in length.

Thanks, if you want further info, let me know.

Hi John, no it's NOT a Mark III and you're right. Those are much more common. Here's a picture and if you want this one, I'll sell it as well. Interesting 100% rust free that I would sell for under $9,000. I've GOT to sell one of these Lincolns. Call me if interested. 847-997-9944

post-51224-143143095878_thumb.jpg

Thank you, it really is and I want to keep it if possible. It is a very clean car but was stored in a farm building and locked up for twelve years. As you can imagine mice had found their way in, but outside of the smell and mess they've made requiring me to replace the headliner, all appears to be good. No wiring issues so far, which is really amazing. I'd like to keep this one as I noted above and sell my '77 Town Coupe but one of them needs to be sold ASAP.

post-51224-143143095951_thumb.jpg

5/2/15

Guys, I've decided life is too short and I'm going to keep my '77 Town Coupe. I'll never find another one so I'm going to keep her. Thanks to all!

John, I know you'll enjoy your '77 Lincoln. Keep both if you can!

But if you're talking about scarcity, there are at least 100 of the

1977-79 Lincolns (Town Cars and Town Coupes) around for every

one of the 1970 full-size Lincolns. Maybe the ratio is more than 100:1.

A large number of those 1977-79 Lincolns got saved

because they were "the last of the luxury cars"--to the benefit

of today's collectors.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the 1970.

5/2/15

Guys, I've decided life is too short and I'm going to keep my '77 Town Coupe. I'll never find another one so I'm going to keep her. Thanks to all!

Awesome ... glad to read you're going to keep that '77 TC. Now, might I ask if it is possible for me to see it sometime ... not to buy it, but enjoy seeing it in person!?

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"How can anybody be so lucky?" __ John Conlee __ 'Domestic Life'

John, I know you'll enjoy your '77 Lincoln. Keep both if you can!

But if you're talking about scarcity, there are at least 100 of the

1977-79 Lincolns (Town Cars and Town Coupes) around for every

one of the 1970 full-size Lincolns. Maybe the ratio is more than 100:1.

A large number of those 1977-79 Lincolns got saved

because they were "the last of the luxury cars"--to the benefit

of today's collectors.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the 1970.

Yes you are correct, the '70 Models (non-Mark III's) are very hard to come by and are really quite beautiful!

Here is 1970 Coupe:

post-51224-143143100264_thumb.jpg

post-51224-143143100258_thumb.jpg

Awesome ... glad to read you're going to keep that '77 TC. Now, might I ask if it is possible for me to see it sometime ... not to buy it, but enjoy seeing it in person!?

"How can anybody be so lucky?" __ John Conlee __ 'Domestic Life'

Please come by anytime, it would be good to meet and show off these cars :-).

call me at 847-997-9944. My place is about 1 1/2 miles North of 176 on Walkup Road. See you then.

Please come by anytime, it would be good to meet and show off these cars :-).

call me at 847-997-9944. My place is about 1 1/2 miles North of 176 on Walkup Road. See you then.

Sweet! Not sure how soon I'll be able to get up there, but next time I'm up your way, I will give you a call, John. Or, maybe we could meet somewhere half way? My cell is 847-337-9897.

"We believe in tomorrow, but we're stuck in today" __ Hall & Oates __ 'So Close (Yet So Far Away)'