For Sale on CL: Dual Quad 64 Riviera, 1 owner, 75k miles

cjp69

Best reasonable offer; I have always wondered how that works. Has anyone sold that way? Do you list offers for a fixed amount of time and at the end, notify the person who made the highest offer? If it is not a legally sealed bid can you tell a person the offer is too low? Do all the offers gets acknowledged at the end of some period of time? How long would I wait to know? If another car comes along can I cancel my offer?

I see a lot of ads like that and just curious.

Bernie

Best reasonable offer; I have always wondered how that works. Has anyone sold that way? Do you list offers for a fixed amount of time and at the end, notify the person who made the highest offer? If it is not a legally sealed bid can you tell a person the offer is too low? Do all the offers gets acknowledged at the end of some period of time? How long would I wait to know? If another car comes along can I cancel my offer?

I see a lot of ads like that and just curious.

Bernie

Bernie, people who list a car for sale for "best reasonable offer" don't have a clue what the car

is worth and don't know anything about buying or selling cars in general. They are afraid because they don't know anything that they are going to get screwed if they just throw a number out there on price, and they

are counting on offers to come in to tell them what the car is really worth. They want the buyer to do everything for them including pricing the car for them. They will probably take offers for a couple of months or maybe even longer, then call back the high bidder to see if he is still interested. If not, they now know what to ask for the car and will list it with a price. Personally I detest ads like this....if you want to sell me something tell me how much you want....don't play games!

Bernie, people who list a car for sale for "best reasonable offer" don't have a clue what the car

is worth and don't know anything about buying or selling cars in general. They are afraid because they don't know anything that they are going to get screwed if they just throw a number out there on price, and they are counting on offers to come in to tell them what the car is really worth.

I'm afraid this guy is going to be in for a real shock when he finds out what that car is really worth. Other than the dual four set-up (which in itself will need to be totally rebuilt, and refinished) there are probably a few good parts on it that could be resold. I'm just basing this on the rust that I see in places in the firewall that aren't even close to where real rust problems show up on these cars.

according to the add , that is a one owner car. I see lots of evidence that supports that claim namely, unmolested and well maintained interior, what appears to be a unmolested engine and all components in the engine bay,original glass and a very straight looking body. If I were in the market I would certainly give it a look and see.

Arnulfo

Guest dwhiteside64

I noticed this car was built during the last week of December 1963 (code 12E). That would probably be either on the 30th or 31st. This would also make it one of the very last cars made at the Flint plant in 1963. Does anyone know when the first '64s where delivered with the Super Wildcat?