1939 Special really nice parts car in San Jose

39BuickEight

• 1 month later...

I am seriously considering buying this car. I worry that I will pay and never get it. It's 2500 mlies away. Has anyone used a company like uship before to get a car they haven't put their hands on? Talking to the guy and doing some research leads me to believe that everything is legit on his end, but you never know.

I guess if I put it on a credit card I could always charge it back if something crazy happens.

• 1 month later...

At least Billy has got his needed door hinges

From the photos on the other thread is the firewall twisted ?

And this is how it started with me Billy.............6 parts cars later..... :):) :)
So my 3 '39's is only half way then? :)

Guest m_kent

The 39's rear axels are marked with series only. The quick way to tell, unless axels have been changed, the center of axels were painted red in the factory for 3.9's. Both of mine are.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a radiator. It will still be some time before we get everything set up and decide what we want to sell. I want to make sure I don't need anything off of it before I start selling anything, as in I want to drive mine and get the kinks worked out first, which is still a ways off. We had our original radiator serviced, so we'll see how that does first. I know this one is good (it obviously has some leaks though) because the car was on a 600 mile trip just before it was hit.

Guest 42buickman
There is a radiator. It will still be some time before we get everything set up and decide what we want to sell. I want to make sure I don't need anything off of it before I start selling anything, as in I want to drive mine and get the kinks worked out first, which is still a ways off. We had our original radiator serviced, so we'll see how that does first. I know this one is good (it obviously has some leaks though) because the car was on a 600 mile trip just before it was hit.
I am in dire need for an original drivers door panel, used only. I don't want a new one, or an aftermarket one. I'm restoring a '39 Special 4 door with a lot of history and the door panel is missing. It doesn't need to be good, just not totally rotten. Thanks, Paul