1990 Red/Tan Convertible only $1750 Houston TX

Guest BJM

I received a response from the seller. The Reatta is still for sale. The air conditioner is taking a charge and the compressor is working, but the air is not blowing cold. We just put a brand new battery into the car. Small amount of rust on the hood and minor dent on the fender. Transmission and motor are both good. If you are interested in looking at the vehicle you can reach me at (omitted).

I would say, nobody buying. Ad is 2 months old, Reatta convertible not a coupe. "Fairly" reasonable 132,000 miles (mine had 203,000 when sold). I would offer $1000 and meet in the middle. Tough to get a Reatta convertible in decent shape for $1400 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Interested if still available.

uwcharliet@yahoo.com

Not mine, I posted the ad from craigs list for interested parties, so click on the link. I might still have his email with phone number if you want to PM me. I am tempted, but basically have refined my Reatta search to a Driftwood coupe.

• 1 month later...
Guest crankshaft

I'm looking for A convertible Reatta For a good price.

If it needs work No problem I have a Red Coupe and I ejoyed fixing it up.post-74267-143142419498_thumb.jpg

WAYNE

Edited by crankshaft (see edit history)

That was a good price. To find one, do a craigs list search here is how:

1. Wake up on a weekend morning (hopefully morning or else there are more issues)

2. Make coffee and eat a little if you need to.

3. Feed dog, take dog out and bring back in (optional if you don't have pets)

4. Make said cup of coffee, a double cup is best and sit down in favorite chair, fire laptop up, get the Internet going on a good signal.

5. Start with your local Craigs List, North Carolina and fan out across the country.

6. Search under Autos for sale, Reatta in the front section, years 1990 1991, and your price parameters.

7. Set price about $1500 more then your top amount, because you may be able to haggle.

8. Enjoy the search, drink your coffee and see what is out there.

I search in Texas all the time because I am familiar with Texas and have a sister that lives in a suburb of DFW.

You seem to be in an ideal corridor where you can look up and down the coast, including Florida.

Don't want to hijack your post but went looking for the convertible ad.....could not find it on Houston Craigs list but did find this 1990 grey 80K coupe that looks pretty good has 16w seats, $2500 The grey is a low production color only 411 coupes in 1990. The car is listed in Spring TX, a north suburb of Houston....which would be near the international airport if you were flying in to buy it. I would look at it but I am 3 hours away.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4353102572.html

Barney

That ad dropped off craigs list about 6 weeks ago. It was on for 2 months prior.

As to the Gunmetal Gray car, wow, you found a good one. 80K car. Even though Grey is considered a conservative color, the Reatta looks great in that color. And, I think, the light grey interior looks good too. The best Reatta interior color in my opinion is saddle tan. The dark maroon tends to 'darken' the interior too much, but has a profound luxury look to it. Light grey is usually considered a drab color, but it makes the interior brighter in the Reatta and looks 'clean'.

So I agree this is a smoking deal, 80K, nice colors and a low entry into the hobby price of $2500.

Spring is a nice suburb. I lived next to it in Cypress from 1992-1994. And yes, fly in, drive home is quite possible. I sold my 1990 Reatta convertible to a buyer from Lubbock who flew into Des Moines and drove a 202,000 mile car home.

Sorry for stealing your post but Sunday I leave Wisconsin for a round trip to Florida taking the Red. It has 216,000 miles on it.
I've always heard that you should wait until you get a car fully broken in before you take it on a long trip. :P