SOLD-Super rare option for the 1936 Plymouth (P2) horns with stands 750.00 OBO

I don't think they are 35 or 36 Plymouth. Both seemed to use hidden horns. They really look like those on 34 Mopar products though. Probably the horn is the same but the bracket may differ between makes. I could be wrong though. I'm definately not an expert.

Here you go....1935 Plymouth.....I have never have seen them on an original '36. None of my Chrysler product books show them on a 1936 Plymouth. That '36 above is clearly non-original.

post-37352-143142125098_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

post-78906-143142125112_thumb.jpg
I don't think they are 35 or 36 Plymouth. Both seemed to use hidden horns. They really look like those on 34 Mopar products though. Probably the horn is the same but the bracket may differ between makes. I could be wrong though. I'm definately not an expert.
1936 Dodge has the covers. Also the headlights are mounted to the grill shell. Plymouth has the headlamps mounted to the fenders for the 1936.

post-78906-143142125103_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]206794[/ATTACH] 1936 Dodge has the covers.

Yes, the '36 DB does have the covers. The '36 Plymouth had no openings for horns or covers. The horns are mounted inside the fenders, I believe.

Besides the parking lights, turn, sealbeam, and paint. Whats different? The stands and horns are correct for the car. Ask Gary.

Not meaning to be snarky, but did Gary buy that car new? Why does he think those exterior horns are original? Anyone got a factory photo of them mounted on a 1936 Plymouth? I love to learn. And who is Gary?

Like i said, nobody could tell me what they were for until Gary came up. A bunch more of rare parts are going up that I didn't know what the parts were. Also got the Scoop about Al Smith from Ram Enterprise. That story at another time. They were best of friends. He couldn't say enough good things about him!!:cool:

My bone stock 36 Plymouth Coupe never restored original paint which I'll post a photo of later never had them. They were as Keiser mentioned in the fenders hidden. They may have been an accessory but definately not standard issue. I'll post a picture of my coupe later today. Seems if they were Mopar they would have been stamped somewhere with the ddcp logo. They stamped almost everything with it. Even every bolt they made. Still a nice accessory though.

They were an option for the duel trumpet horn. Like one of our 34 KC P/U. The standard issue horn was mounted on the engine and when you opt the duel trumpet horn option, they were mounted to the headlamp stands. If you look at your stands, they will have a plug in like the picture. The surepost-78906-143142126083_thumb.jpg didn't put a hole there for the looks!

post-78906-143142126066_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142126074_thumb.jpg

post-78906-14314212609_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1934 are totally different than 1936.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, the picture of this Plymouth coupe brings back loads of memories for me. It was the first car I can remember my dad having his was the business coupe version and I rode many,many miles on the shelf behind the seat. The one he had was a '35 beige or yellow in color and without the side-mount spare tires. I can remember it being in the family until about 1954 when it was replaced by a Pontiac Silver Streak straight 8. I can't ever remember dad saying why he let it go. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...