41 Buick spotted

lancemb

Interesting car, I'd agree with Marty, if it can be saved and put back on the road, what a wonderful example of days gone by....one doesn't see many of the coupes from late pre-war, this would be fairly unusual (not going to say rare, that's over used....)

I'm with both sides of the argument. I wouldn't do a full frame off restoration, but start with the mechanics and electrical so that it can be safely driven, then make it one colour. After that, dealing with interior and other aspects takes a back seat while you enjoy the car and show the world a car that isn't seen very often.

I just bought some Jaguar Mark VII parts in Yreka, Ca. I sent an email to my friend there to follow up.

Restoration is a painful word. It is a little easier to take a "component restoration" approach. Before you sink the $80,000 for a budget resto, you can put $5,000 to $7,500 into the things that make the car steer, start, and stop. Those are things that need to be done anyway and give you a very usable car in a short time frame. You can drive it safely and decide if it is really for you.

It reminds me of the first time I drove a Ford Model T. I thought about the guys who had taken years to restore one and that was all they had after the work... : ) I know I'm bad but I sure like my Buicks.

Bernie