I Need Help Finding Some Parts.....64 Riviera

96roadmaster

As some of you may remember, I took my 64 to the shop and am having everything cleaned up and checked out.

Our first step was to attack the cooling system, heater and brakes since many years of storage can corrode parts pretty quickly. I found pretty much everything I needed, but can't find a few important parts though. Here is a list of what I'm looking for:

Upper Radiator Hose

Thermostat Housing

Heater Control Valve

Timing Chain Cover

Heater Hose

If it helps any, the car is equipped with Air Conditioning.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

A friend of my in Prescott, AZ is has the water outlet in billet that has a rubber o-ring for a gasket, and he's working on getting a new aluminum timimg cover cast as well. Email me eeraner@yahoo.com and I'll give you his email address and you can get in touch with him. It might take him a while, he's on winter vacation right now. The raditor hoses are available from Gates, I got both the upper and the lower (NOT Gates) for my 64 from Advance Auto but luckily I'm only running one belt for the alternator and a/c compressor at the present time (who ever replaced the alternator replaced it with one with only a sinlge belt pulley; a two belt pulley is on my list of "to do's.") If I were running two belts there would be an interference problem with the outer belt and the upper hose. The heater control valve from a 63 will not work. Don't let some of the ebay scammers tell you they will. I think I read something on another thread about someone who is rebuilding old ones. Try the archives. Heater hose is sold by the foot at any parts store.

• 2 weeks later...

NAPA carries Gates hoses for the Radiator. Greenwood Chevrolet in Youngstown, OH carries great restoration heater hoses and clamps. Rick's First Generation Camaro has a ton of detail pieces and coatings generic to GM cars as does Danchuk, who specializes in earlier 60's and Tri Five chevys. Eastwood company has an underhood detail paint kit and other specialty paints to get that "Original" look. All have great websites, Google them.

Good luck!