Garage Kept Reatta Red Convertible..... Advise Please

8472JDP

I know someone that has a 1990 Buick Reatta Convertible Red. They are the original owner

& the car only has around 50k miles on it. The car has always been garage kept. She only lives here about 4 months a year, so the car sits in the garage the majority of the time. She seems to think this car should be worth a lot of money in the condition it's in. She wants me to help her sell it for no less than $20K. I thought that may be too much. I would appreciate any input from you buick experts.... As you may be for familiar with this than me. It does have saddle leather seats with the 16-way drivers seat. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Feedback Please...

20 way to high ........

Anyone out there have a current subscription to CPI?

Curious if the roadsters are still appreciating at the rate (6 to8 % a month)they were a year ago? Wondering how the coupes are fairing as well??

In another ten years maybe, if she keeps it in the garage. Trouble is that there are still enough low milage (and 50k is good but not particularly low) cars in the $7500-$10k range to keep the prices down unless the car is something special and it does not sound like this one is.

Also some things (seals, fabrics, rubber items) deteriorate even if stored particularly if it got 40k in the first five years and 10k over the next decade.

While there is always a premiun for low milage/garage kept there is also the issue of whether routine maintenance was done.

However it is difficult to tell a little old lady that so is best to just walk away.

I purchased my second 90 red drop top about 6 months ago. Drove it back from Santa Barbara with no problem. But in buying it I called the buick dealer and another independent shop in Santa Barbara to check on there Inspection fee's Made the deal with the seller at 9K if all was in acceptable condition. He took it to the Dealer and then to the other shop. The Buick dealer and the other shop sent me (Because I paid the $65.00 inspection fee)the report. Needed about $400.00 worth of work, but nothing that would prevent it from being driven back to Washington.Most of the Items were normal maintenance. I had all the fluids changed prior to the trip back. The car had 44K miles on it. On the other hand, At Barret Jackson in Jan I looked at a white vert that had 10K miles on it and was in pretty much show condition. It brought 22K. My offer would start at 10 to 12K. Have it inspected by a good shop though, and mabe two for compairson sake. At 50K miles 22 is way out of line in my opinion. I'm now looking at a 91 white vert at 15 thousand with 33K miles.

Good luck

Jerry