1928-20 wheel bolts

Vincent

I have started refinishing my wood spoke wheels and find several of my wheel bolts need replacing. Anybody know where I can buy some replacement bolts and nuts to fit the wheels on a 28-20? I am also missing one wheel clamp (the piece of metal that fits over the bolt and clamps onto the wheel . I looked on Bob's and didn't find the bolts or the wheel clamp.

Thanks to 29Olds for advising the missing thing is a "wheel clamp."

Thanks

• 9 months later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5676RC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Visit a Chrome shop,they can help you and el-zink-plate your parts.Not as expensive as Chrome or Nickel plating.Your parts now are cadmium plated but I think this is not allowed to do in these days.

Leif in Sweden. </div></div>

What do you mean?

We just looking for some parts, not for chrome, nickel or zink.

WR

Taco.

I have the wheel wedges for $1.00 each, as many as you want. They are for 1926 to 1928 Buicks, all series.

frawling@bristolhomeloans.com

If your wheel bolts are in bad shape e-mail me or call me at (562) 644-4670 and I will tell you how I fix them. Most are fixable. Remember that the wheel bolts are there to hold the wheel wedge on, they are not supposed to be used to pull the rim onto the fellow. That is how the threads get stripped. Be sure that the rim is tight against the back of the fellow before you tighten the nuts.

Also you should check the run out on the tire with a pointer mounded on a stand. You can correct the run out by tighten or loosening the wheel bolt nuts. Above all remember that overtightening the nuts WILL strip the threads on the bolt.