clones in the AACA

nearchoclatetown

Guest windjamer

Thanks for the ans. and the memory or reminder of the fireball 8. In all truth I was just trying to get a little (frendly) goat. As example I call my sister-in-law every time the Yankees lose,right now she wont evan talk to me.Your Dad was right, they where and are a dream to drive.

• 2 months later...

Guy's - I hate to open this post again, But I recently attended a car show where I happened to sit with a Team Caption AACA judge. My car was on display and he was aware that the car was a recreation. He gave me the strong impression that the car would simply be disqualified from being judged.

I have re-read the AACA judge book and this is really open for intrepritation as to how AACA judges cars. The way I read the book, if the car "COULD HAVE" come from the factory the way the car is being presented, then it's OK to be judged. So a couple of questions:

1. If the car is put into the HI Performance class, and was not a hi performance car per the VIN in 1970, what happens? is the car disqualified?

2. What's to prevent me from putting the car in the standard Mustang class? The only discrpency would be the motor in the car (per the VIN again) - is it disqualified because the motor is different? or is that simply a points deduction?

I'd hate to take the car all the way to Hershey and not have it judged.

Thanks.

I would think that you are OK. But, to make sure, write the VP of Class Judging and ask him your question. Whatever ruling is made by the VP of Class Judging.... goes.... no matter what a random team captain or a random judge thinks.

I think full disclosure is the key. When dealing with race cars especially those that were used for a while the word original is often a stretch.

I have one original car. It was built in 1967 and remained with the manufacturer until I bought it a few months ago.

That said it required a total dis-assembly and cleaning before it could be used. (This work was done by the original manufacturer).

I did make a few changes such as storing the original wheels and tires and mounting new wheels and tires but everything I did is reversible.

I took the car to Villa d'Este in it's original condition and then fit the new wheels and tires and Drove her on her first voyage the 800 Miles of the Historic Targa Florio.

Cars like this one are very rare and I think so long as people are honest about exactly what their car is and isn't all is good.

The problem is many begin by fooling others and wind up fooling themselves. The Truth can be determined and it does come out eventually. Why someone would want to fool themselves is beyond me...

1967 Ferrari Dino Competizione by Pininfarina

968d6cb7a330447559a76f0mr4.th.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MCHinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... But, to make sure, write the VP of Class Judging and ask him your question. Whatever ruling is made by the VP of Class Judging.... goes.... no matter what a random team captain or a random judge thinks. </div></div>

This is very good advice.

Also, when you hear back from the VP of class judging, if your car is cleared for being judged under AACA rules, make sure and bring the letter with you to shows. That will serve as your proof to any Team Captain or Field Judge that your car is eligible for AACA judging should they choose to question it.

Guest windjamer

Steve, maby hotzoro is not yet a member of AACA,and hasnt a mag. You better sign him up. In the meantime, the address is Joe Vicini, 3 Robins nest drive. Perrineville NJ 08535