reatta wagon?

shoreice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed. How 'bout this one? </div></div>

That lowered/ big chrome wheels thing is getting old..... I saw a newish Caddy with gigantic chrome wheels. Why is that look better? All the fifties era street rods are starting to look the same. Reatta Estate Wagon? I don't think so..

I've seen my share. Sure enough there are differences. Lately they all seem to be following the Chip Foose, Boyd Coddington appearance lead. Drive train? Crate SBC, yawn. Look in this months Buick Bugle for a very nice street rod. 1953 Buick. I guess they call these "Resto Rods" now. Whatever they call it, it appeals to me more than a chopped/channelled/lowered/shaved car with 22 inch rims, SBC drive train and 97 T-Bird bucket seats.

I would love to have Chip Foose do any of my cars, he always tries to get the in put on how the owner would like the car done, and I think he does a very classy job on what ever he does, unlike Boyd where it's his way or no way.

Attached is a 68 Impala, work in progress

post-36162-143137907579_thumb.jpg

Why ? Because there is usually not enough left that is stock to restore.

The two biggest advances in the last 50 years are tires and drivetrains. If I were building a rod, it would be 200-250 cid (aluminum Buick V-8 anyone ?) and as electronic as possible.

But then my next project will probably be a Vixen.

At least the ABS is fixed 8*).

ps 1950 Chev 3100 ?